Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crash exiting Magic Mirror at 50% loading Isle of Storms

Discussion in 'Release 34 Bug Forum' started by Balec Fares deCani, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

9/16/2016 4:55 PM
    Title: Crash exiting Magic Mirror at 50% loading Isle of Storms
    Reproduction Rate: 3/15
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: When exiting the magic mirror (to isle of storms) after first creating a character and talking to arabella, sometimes the game client will crash at 50% loading isle of storms.
    Steps to Reproduce:

I deleted my character to test some things, created a new one, crashed exiting isle of storms. (everything file when relog, back on isle of storms as newly created char). So I deleted again (try to reproduce and because I accidentally restarted the game which deleted the output_log - doh!) and this time no crash. So I deleted a third time and tried to do exactly what I did the first time and sure enough crash at 50% again. Then again, accidentally deleted output_log.

So I spent all afternoon deleting my character 14 or so more times and went through trying to replicate the exact sequence of steps (e.g. did I totally exit the game before deleting char, how long did I talk to arabella, what did i say, where did i stand at the mirror)...no luck reproducing. I was in FPO the entire time. Then I had the idea, on a whim, that maybe if I switch to multiplayer and try again it would crash. Sure enough it did (probably a conincidence). This time I got the output_log to rromero (hopefully he wants it lol!) before I managed to lose it again.

Wish I could figure out how to reproduce this, but seems random.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32706
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti GPU RAM: 3038
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.392.Date.09.14.16
    Area: Isle of Storms

[​IMG]

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the log and the report! I'm curious how you're losing the logs, though! Based on the screenshot, they should have permanent copies in folders in your base game directory with the folder name described in the screenshot. :)

3. Balec Fares deCani

I was under the impression from previous dev comments (long time ago) that that logs named in the screenshot window were generic Unity logs that provided no help whatsoever and that it was not the Port developers who put the message asking for those logs to be sent. I though (based on recent Attenwood comments on another crashing issue) that the output_log was something different and useful to port....that's the one that gets deleted the very moment you start the game.

4. Attenwood

Ah, no no no. Whenever a crash happens, there are certain generic error messages that get caught by our internal logging. The folder that's generated, in this instance "2016-09-16-165020," is an ideal snapshot of the crash, which contains its own preserved "output_log" within the folder.

The need to use the impermanent output_log that gets reset at the start of the client is only in instances where those crash folders are not created. In such instances as direct Crash To Desktops which fail to generate those crash repositories. :)

5. Attenwood

Apologies for any miscommunication and, as a result, undue frustration and time that might have caused you up to this point.

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  6. Balec Fares deCani

now you tell me lol, thanks for the info and let me know if you want any of the other logs then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.