Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crashes and hitching in build 948

Discussion in 'Release 64 Feedback' started by Mishikal, Apr 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Compared to earlier releases of R64, I've had new behavior introduced in build 948.

a) I had extreme hitching last night in UT. It may be related to being in a party, as I didn't have hitching when I was soloing earlier in the day.

b) I had the game just exit while I was standing at the entrance to the sacrificial chamber in UT (same client session as the hitching). I haven't had the game do that in a very very long time.

c) I had the game crash while changing scenes (Brittany Wharfs -> Brittany Fields). This hadn't been happening to me in earlier R64 builds (It was a constant problem in R63 and prior).

Feeyo likes this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Game played fine for several hours today until I got into a party and went XPing as a group. So it does seem to be related to that.

Feeyo likes this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Other cmoputer had a crash going from Brittany Wharfs to Brittany Fields as well. And also a lot of hitching. So I know it's not my computer specifically. ;)

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Take a look at your memory usage, I bet that it has hit the ceiling.

There are many reasons for hitching and memory use is one of them. I suspect there is a memory leak, yes another one, and it’s gobbling up memory. Memory use grows as you play and this will cause hitching. That is usually followed by a crash as you zone out of scene. I can always tell when I will crash as the hitching starts to get bad, occurring more and more frequently.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I was in my house managing my stuff in containers so I could restock my vendors, and apparently hit some hardcore hitching. Because I was just in my house standing still, it appeared like the UI had frozen for a couple of seconds at a time, but I knew it had to be hitching. Since I was in my house there simply wasn't much stuff moving around on the screen, and I couldn't tell how long the hitching incidents were. Then it stopped doing it a few minutes later, very weird.

The only odd thing I noticed was I keep my nearby players window up, and I noticed Woodchuck was in Kingsport and then he left. It must be his fault, yeah!

Mishikal likes this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Nope. I monitor my system resources, and have 32GB of RAM available. It isn't even coming close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.