Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crashes back to login every 1-5 minutes

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by Tarsilion, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

I would like to explore but this is to frustrating: I have the same bug since the middle of release 2 (after a patch) where I get logged out every 1-5 minutes, no matter what I do. Funnily enough my wife has the same issue, even though her hardware is quite different. I reported the bug back in R2 and would like to do more to help identifying it but I have no clue how.

I guess I will try again each release, but I see no use in playing when it loads 30 seconds, then lets me play just a little longer than that, rinse and repeat.

Anyone else having this issue?

2. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I crash in multiplayer almost as often as in R3. I can stay logged into single player longer, but I still crash every 10 minutes or so.

3. Jimirillo

Jimirillo Avatar

Same for me I keep crashing back to splash screen on area transitions, when Alt+Tabbing to check the forums or for no apparent reason at all, I've given up on R4. As much as I was looking forward to helping with the testing, this is just too frustrating.

glambourine and Caliya like this.
  4. glambourine

glambourine Avatar

I'm having similar experiences--whenever I go into a new zone/tile/whatever. It happens even if I take the Lunar Rift btw Kingsport and Owl's Head, so it's not just something to do with going to the world map. It doesn't happen consistently, and seems to happen most often when I go to larger zones. (Exacerbating the problem: when I log back in after such a crash, I'm in the new zone, but I'm FACING THE EXIT, so half the time I'll accidentally run out onto the world map again and risk yet another crash.)

I *really really really* like what I'm seeing with the combat, questing, improved NPC conversations, crafting, everything--whenever I could get into the wilderness zones and run around, it was really a blast to just see how much more complex and detailed each zone was than I was expecting. In actual game terms, yes, this is a quantum leap ahead! But I have a pretty limited amount of time to play/test right now, and whereas with the previous 3 releases I've been all "oh boy soon I get to log in to SotA," it feels a little more right now like "Oh man, I hope I don't have to deal with that crashing again . . . " -- I'll maybe check it out in a couple of days' worth of patches?

5. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Same issue here. Frequent returns to the login screen, especially when I minimise the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.