Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Critical/Being Addressed]Town Sieges DENY me Access to my P.O.T.

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Celthon, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Current implementation of the Town Siege denies me access to my P.O.T. This AM while playing on QA server the town of Aerie came under siege.

I click the "enter" button for Aerie and am taken into the Siege Scene. There is an optional path that leads around the main battle area, populated by lower level NPC's and which leads to the entrance/exit on the opposite side of the scene. I fight my way to that entrance/exit and go through BUT IT TAKES ME BACK TO OVERLAND MAP.

I try entering Aerie again, and again find myself back in the Siege Scene, but this time at the entrance/exit I'd just come out of. Fight my way back to the opposite entrance/exit and again taken back out to Overland Map. Did this three times with the same results each time.

So when the Siege Scene is triggered for Aerie, I am denied access to my P.O.T. How long does the Siege continue? Release notes indicate "...there will be a main path that takes you directly to a challenging (and rewarding) battle, and a side path for those who seek a less-challenging but longer route..." But currently it does not matter which path I take, as long as the Siege is running I cannot get into Aerie, and thus am denied access to my P.O.T. and home...I did not pay a significant amount of money for a product (my P.O.T.) to now have my use of my product determined by a random blockade.

Why is there no option to bypass the battle scene? If this is working as intended it is the straw that breaks it as far as I'm concerned.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

This is a very interesting conundrum. On the one hand you have POT owners that have wanted to bypass the limited housing of scenes like Brittany Central and put their POT inside the scene which essentially grants them lot access. For this reason, I can see where sieged town mechanics are working as intended. If you're a part of the town, you're also under siege.

However, if you fight your way through the siege and reach the town, you should be granted access to the town and therefore you should get to your POT as well. I think that part must be a bug.

@DarkStarr

3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

In case you missed it:

Also:
    I hope these help alleviate the frustration knowing that it's being worked on. It is not intended, it is a (known, now) bug.

(Both these posts appeared after your bug report last night and feedback here this morning.)

4. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

While I mean you no offense, your avatar is quite interesting. I also was not aware that NPC towns lead to POT's (i.e., that there isn't another way). I hope it works out.

Edit: When in game there is a message about this and how they are working on a fix.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a bug. Not feedback. And it's being fixed immediately for a quick patch.

You submitted the issue last night and then promptly deleted it so it took some digging to find it this morning. Uncertain why you chose to make this feedback when the system was apparently broken.

7. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Deleted the original Bug Report last night after speaking to another Avatar outside the game, who indicated to me the Siege was working as intended (ie. while under Siege a Town could not be entered). Feedback post (OP above) was made today to provide my feedback/opinion of the siege as implemented...based on posts above I was misinformed regarding the siege working as intended .

8. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Not a problem. To clarify, sieges are meant to operate much like control points. Players can stay in them and clear the waves of enemies to defeat the siege and remove it from the overworld map, or they can elect to run through it to access the scene they desire. We observed the issue where the siege scene wasn't properly directing players into the desired towns upon exit.

Should be part of an immediate upcoming patch.

Apologies for any confusion.

9. Theonetheonly

Theonetheonly Avatar

For whatever it's worth, the opposite is also true if you weren't aware - leaving a town under siege leads to the siege with 2 exits, both of which return to the town....

10. DodgeRaider

DodgeRaider Avatar

I logged in to Ardoris yesterday (no siege going on) in order to see all the new art design there. When I tried to exit to Novia, I instead entered a siege scene. I ran out of the siege and found myself back in Ardoris (no siege). Long story short--I couldn't get to Novia; I could only either sit in Ardoris and chat with the NPCs or exit into the siege scene. I ended up quitting the game and restarting using the World Map option.

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  11. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Good choice, last time I checked this is what was recommended in Red in the chat window as the "Message of the Day" when you login to the game. Another option is to use a scroll to teleport or recall out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.