Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crooked Shank: Task and Journal entry "Search for Elven Key" won't vanish after finding the key.

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Paladin Michael, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

12/31/2018 12:49
    Reproduction Rate: first time - can't do it again, quest not repeatable
    Blocker? --
    Details/Steps to Reproduce:
    After Quest reset this was one of the quests which I haven't done again.
    I entered Crooked Shank, talked to the mayor. Got his key, entered his house. Talked to the prisoned elf. Went downstairs, got the prison cell key. Opened it, talked to the elf again. Searched the dead elf, found the brittle key.
    The task "Search for Elven Key" is still on screen and inside the Journal as Current Task (no compass sparkle).

SUGGESTION:
    It's still so, if we enter the area of the Elves, they are attacking, even if we do not fight back. Also inside the caves. I tried to run to the place with the children. Unfortunately, the Elves followed me and attacked me. My character (auto attack :() started to defend and killed an Elf child. That's really bad. There should be a way to talk to the Elves and inform them about the prisoned one (may be we could free him?).

After that the confrontation with the Mayor is like before: Asking about the "other key" and if we tell not to lie and he should free the prisoner, he attacks us (and will be heavily wounded by us ;).

--> A small thing, we could do after, would be to inform Resolute leader about that, so he could take care about (and also a few more XP for revealing what happened, would be nice, too) ;)
    Also possible way: we have to inform someone in Yew or Verdantis (maybe Kiakis could be involved to help?).

It is really an interesting quest, but it feels sad, that there are no consequences for that Mayor and the people who helped to burn down the Elven Village...

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.890.Date.12.21.18
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills01_Road
    Area Display Name: Crooked Shank
    Loc: (131.1, 77.6, -154.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoMTMxLjA5MywgNzcuNjI2LCAtMTU0LjIyMyl8KDAsIC0wLjI4MywgMCwgMC45NTkpfDM0OC4wMzM0fDkuODMyNDAyfDE4

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #63582

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.