1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Crushing Blow Stun Duration bug

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Nalar, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Nalar

Nalar Avatar

03/02/2020 19:16
    Title: Duration of a STACKED Crushing blow's stun is breaking early
    Reproduction Rate: 100%( appears to occur on any NPC unless it is stun immune like a troll)
    Blocker?
    Details: Requires bludgeon spec, requires an enemy npc(not a training dummy)
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1 Charge up a Crushing blow for multiple stacks
    2 hit enemy with it
    3 Stand back
    4 mouse over the stun debuff
    5 Observe as the NPC appears to break the stun early without any other interaction from you.

Note:
    It appears that the NPC will recive the "stunned" debuff from a 6 stacked crushing blow, but only be stunned for the duration of a 1 stack cast.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6) System RAM: 8091
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series GPU RAM: 4071
    SotA.Win.64.1126.Date.02.28.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Crystal Cove
    Area Display Name: Crystal Cove
    Loc: (319.2, 36.0, 81.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxDcnlzdGFsIENvdmV8KDMxOS4xODcsIDM2LjAwMSwgODEuMDM0KXwoMCwgMC43MDcsIDAsIDAuNzA3KXw5MHwxMHw1LjYxMDA4Mg==

OzzyOsbourne and Scooby Doo like this.
  2. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

I was actually going to report something similar. When in private mode and by myself I don't encounter this. But in public mode solo or with a large party in either mode, lag spikes seem to cause both stun and knockdown effects to either not work at all or 'end' early despite the debuff still being on the mob. Also it seems things like gust, push, pull increase the chance that a knockdown will suddenly 'end' despite still being 'in effect' and the mob will run around attacking people. I've seen this even with 15 seconds left on a knockdown.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  3. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

4. Nalar

Nalar Avatar

Update:
    This BUG appears to relate to who is the instance master.

To explain further:
    When I am instance master all my bludgeon stuns appear to work correctly (including bonuses from innate skills and items bonuses).

When I am NOT instance master my stun/knockdown durations are bugged.

Perhaps the durations are getting calculated according to the instance master's skills and items instead of the player that applies the stun.

PS: due to this bug I end up soloing a lot, so I would like to see it fixed then I can be usefull in a party where I am not the leader.

OzzyOsbourne likes this.