Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cursor shows up when I am chasing an enemy by clicking the right mouse button

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by RobotBeginner, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

When we are in Auto Attacking mode and the cursor is hidden by clicking TAB key and we are pressing the right mouse button to chase a monster, it is very often when we release the right mouse button sometime and then the mouse cursor shows up again on the screen without our clicking the TAB key intentionally. I think it activates the right click menu on the monster and the cursor shows up again.

This is very inconvenient especially when we are fighting and chasing monsters. We keep interrupting from time to time and need to press TAB key again to hide the cursor and continue to fight.

Hope someone can fix this problem by not letting the cursor showing up again after pressing TAB key until the TAB key press again and at the same time disabling the right clicking menu of the monster and our pet when we are in the no cursor & autoattacking mode. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've asked many times to be able to reassign the context menu to a hotkey or middle mouse button. Ignored every time.

3. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

My cursor randomly appears and disappears when it feels like it.

4. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

This is a big problem while I am moving in fight. In the moment, when cursor appears, I cant turn around etc.

Hermetic likes this.
  5. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Same when you're holding RMB to look around in cursor mode. The cursor will just randomly reappear and slow your turn speed dramatically, to the point where you have to re-right click and hold in order to turn properly again. Bugs been submitted, hoping it gains some notoriety soon, wondering if it warrants the "Known Issues" list @Chris @Attenwood ?

6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

When I'm fighitng I will randomly go into Cursor Select mode. Which is super annoying, especially when i'm low on health and trying to escape.

Baratan likes this.
  7. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I think I have finally realized what is triggering this 90% of the time. The chat window opens when I get a skill gain. (or opening any window at all) seems very reliable that this is when I lose Mouse Look and have to repress RMB.

8. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Idk ive had it when running through town not using any skills

9. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Any window that opens causes is almost 100% for me. and I've had it happen "on rare" occasion without a window appearing as well. So anything that would cause the "chat" window to appear would cause it. ie, msgs, chats, events, levels, etc. But it didn't used to be this way... used to always be on, even when a window opened, unless I let go of RMB.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

On Linux, whenever a window opens, a resource node spawns, my hotbar changes from combat mode to non-combat mode or a window opens for another player in the scene then my cursor appears, my camera spins around and the mouse sensitivity increases so much that the camera is no longer controllable until I let go of and then re-press the right mouse button.

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Also using Linux, but never had an issue with Cursor Select popping up when a resource node respawns. One thing that seems to cause the problem is when I have an elemental out, and the Retical crosses over either the Elemental or a MOB while I'm pressing the RMB. Then, I immediately go from Reticle View to Cursor Select. I also get the erratic camera movement. A quick, on the fly, fix is to double-tap your Tab button. You will go back to Reticle View and the cursor speed that you had designated will, again, be adhered to.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The difference is that I'm using cursor mode (I can't stand targeting mode) and I use the right mouse button for mouselook.

13. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Gotcha....kind of like the invert-mouse feature. Regardless, you seem to be suffering the same issues as the rest of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.