Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Customizing character

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Sher Shadowleaf, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sher Shadowleaf

Sher Shadowleaf Avatar

Hi, I just remade my character and had a skin color option, which I chose. When I pressed enter, I assumed I'd be taken to the next screen for further customization, but that didn't happen. Is it possible to change hair/eyes after a character has been made, or do I need to delete and restart? I don't want to lose everything in my inventory.

2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I believe you'd have to re-make the character if you're already in game as we don't have a barber or beautician in game yet:D. If you're not wanting to lose everything in your inventory, maybe a friend can hold on to it for you?

This is when a second account would be handy.

Sher likes this.
  3. Sher Shadowleaf

Sher Shadowleaf Avatar

Thanks for the answer. I couldn't find anything about a character change. Perhaps I'll leave myself the way I am for now, because there will probably be at least a wipe before the game goes live. I'm not sure how I missed the options.

4. Elhaym

Elhaym Avatar

I almost missed them. maybe "create character" should be inside the edit options.

Sher likes this.
  5. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

You can recreate your character without losing anything except whatever experience points you might have gained yesterday. If you do that, make certain you take any pledge rewards out of your pack (and your armor if you are wearing pledge reward armor), and put all of that into your bank before deleting your character. If you have placed a house, it is fine and nothing will change [it's tied to your account, not your current toon]. I hope that helps. I always end up going back and re-creating my character on the first day to get the 'look' I want. I do still wish for more hair options [male and female]. I want the hairstyle that the barmaid in Solania has!

Chatele and Sophi like this.
  6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

As raven said, but more simply stated, what is on you when you delete your character is gone. It doesn't matter what it is, or will be gone. Put it all in the bank, give your money to someone you trust and delete away.

Sophi likes this.
  7. Blaze Barkley (RedDeer)

Blaze Barkley (RedDeer) Avatar

While we're at it... I wish I took a screenshot of Soltown full of players right after R20 launch. It shows how we need more hair variations for male characters. 90% were short slick hair 5% were bald and 5% were other variations. I guess that this suggests we need more short hair variations :)

Also, I know different body shapes would be too much to ask for, but we could at least get an "age" slider so the faces differ more than they do at the moment.

Ravenclaw [BEAR] likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.