Damage Reflection

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lazlo, Aug 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I play a death/chaos mage that already wears plate armor a decent amount of the time, so I'm pretty stoked about the recent obsidian plate upgrade, as it's very useful to me. The DR, avoidance, and magic resist alone make it good enough to be worthwhile to get for tanky stuff, so it's fine as is imo.

That being said, damage reflection is a very cool sounding thing that just isn't really of any consequence afaik. Players deal so much more damage than mobs that reflecting a small% of mob melee damage rarely makes any difference in combat. I think a lot of stuff that actually hits hard has special attacks that don't count as melee anyway and/or aren't tanked. I don't really care much since it's good armor anyway, but it seems like kind of a waste of a cool one-of-a-kind effect.

If that effect were ever to be improved, mitigating the amount damage that is reflected would be one option for making the effect more relevant. There's probably a lot of ways to make it more relevant without necessarily making the armor much more powerful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.