Dance Party Profiling?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cordelayne, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Yes, please!

2. Sher Shadowleaf

Sher Shadowleaf Avatar

Dinsoo, I try to find food for you, but I like everyone I meet. At least so far. I'll try not to actually talk to your next possible food and maybe that will be successful.

3. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Let's Dance

4. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues

5. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Thank you. I like everyone I eat too!

Cordelayne and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Dinsoo... sounds like "dim sum" but made from people.

7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

These events are NOT Portalarium events. but Avatars Radio events to help with metrics. Perhaps don't tune in to Twitch when the streamer, like myself, titles their broadcast "Dance Party?" No need to be hurtful about it.

8. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I am one of the Avatars Radio DJ's aka "Sister Love" and I would personally like to welcome you to Shroud of the Avatar, a sandbox game with a lot of player events. There is no time being wasted on dance parties. All the DJs of AR work hard and for free on behalf of the community. As such, there are a lot of players who actually like dance parties and it's a good way for the Devs to get a sense of how badly impacted performance is when you have 50+ people together in one place.

Those players like you who are interested in "people organizing would do dungeons", that's a great idea and you should go for it! Host a community event each release. Post it on the forums.

In the meantime, if you aren't interested in watching Twitch streams of dance parties, I encourage you to do your own Twitch stream of the things you prefer.

9. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

First let me explain that these dance parties for the most part are NOT organized by Portalarium.. We are honoured and greatly humbled that the devs attend them when they can and even more so that DarkStarr DJs the release party when he does. However, I know that the DJs of Avatars Radio work very hard on doing what they do to create an environment that is both fun and entertaining and brings life to an otherwise dry event. Alle for example is amazing at getting the party pumping and works her butt off for the entertainment of ALL Avatars.

I can speak on defense of all of them when I say that team works harder then any other I have ever bared witness to.. Not a single one of them just throws things together and doesn't put heart and soul into what they do.. They work very VERY hard.

Alle dance parties are amazing and the community sometimes just needs to lay back and relax.. If you are not interested in that then there is a whole other part of the world you can be exploring and leave them to their fun. Just because their fun is not your fun does not mean it is wrong or not good for them to do... Leave them to their job and their entertaining the masses .. they do it well...

As for Portalarium.. be blessed they even humble us with their attendance.. These men and women work even harder to bring us a world we can call home.. We are LUCKY we get to see them at all and they participate in our events...

Anyone else care to diss MY DJs? ... just asking ;) Mama Chaos is back in the house

10. Chemical

Chemical Avatar

I am well aware these dance parties are not hosted by Port and are organized by the community.

I am just stating it would be nice if the people that are good at organizing these sometimes change it up and do something else that's not Sims related and more geared towards adventuring ie killing dragons, daemons, pheonix, aether scorps, dungeon crawl through the rise or ruined keep, kill sieges etc.

Cheers

Almar and Micmatty like this.
  11. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

we are happy to promote these events, commentate them, help get people in the know about them.. but if you want an event such as that.. hop on board and try to sort one out and then let Avatars Radio, NBNN, WRFB or others know about it.. I have no doubt you will get the attention you wish for your event..

And what is wrong with the Sims.. oh wait... .I think my diamond is turning red ;)

Some people are made for adventuring.. some are made for sitting around and partying til their pants fall off.. trust me.. it has happened at more dance parties then i would like to remember :)

I mean I can give you the word of Avatars Radio -- If you create it.. they will promote it. I can guarantee that. Can't tell you whether it will go off nearly as awesome as Alle, Fionwyn, et al dance parties do.. but it will get the air time it deserves.

12. Alleine Dragonfyre

13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Performance profiling, of course. A lot of bad juju has been exorcised thanks to reproducing them during dance parties.
    FYI, note that the fps in /debug no longer reports below 10.0 (it used to go down to 3.0)
    We need to find out what the instance limit is in dungeons. Hopefully it's not ~16 like adventuring areas, and is more like a basement. Some of the first set of loot dungeons are enormous.

14. Andreaus Whitefyre

Andreaus Whitefyre Avatar

Seems to me you want dungeon crawls and such. I agree. I want some crawls too. If dance parties are not your cup of tea, how about YOU get the crawls organized and set up. As Amber said, we'd be happy to put the advertisement out for ya if you do, but i've learned that if you don't like something, YOU can make the changes to fix that. Many people actually love the dance parties. If you don't thats understandable, but dont create a toxic environment for everyone else.

Make an event, come to AR, ask us to advertise. DO THE THING.

Don't put the DJ's or AR down for giving the rest of the people what they love.

15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Astirian, Barugon, Brewton and 3 others like this.
  16. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I think there is a lot of unwarranted toxicity towards these events.

A good chunk of the community love the events (50 plus people went and over 20 people such as myself enjoyed seeing the stream from @Alleine Dragonfyre of the event).

The game is a sandbox RPG and has it's elements such as the aether amplifiers and gives way to a subset of the community to enjoy a game in one particular way. There is no real problem here so if people do not like a certain type of event, then do not go full stop.

The devs get a benefit from events such as the current one to see how high player counts are handled by the client. (This event was particularly useful as it encased people inside a building with a lot of decorations.) So it is great to see them getting involved with the community as well as getting some useful data and learn things from.

It is sad and frustrating that still, in 2018 that it is hard to find a forum where there is little toxicity. @Amber Raine @Alleine Dragonfyre and many others such as Justyn and Tof from Serpents watch using the playground they have been given to make a great experience for others.

I spend hours and hours in the rise, upper tears, grinding resource nodes in the mines as well as other things. I have had a blast with this game because it gives me a great hardcore character building experience. To then be able to go and let my hair down with a great bunch of players, who probably have cool experiences to share is just mind bogglingly refreshing. It gives memories such as enjoying the music to get told to "go outside, you gotta see this" and see a huge @Jamb outdoors and feel like I am really outdoors is so immersive.

Now I know there are aspects of the game I probably do not enjoy as much, but I do not think it is respectful to be dismissive and rude about them things. If people enjoy the game solo and want to be truly pure with their lore rich experience, then that is cool. If people are like me and want to have a good time with the creative aspect of this game, that is also fine. Does that mean that I should dislike and outright dismiss other people's feelings? No.

I just think it is a somber thought to see this form of hate on other people's forms of creativity. I can only imagine it makes people who do stuff like this feel embarassed or insecure/anxious.

TLDR: Have nothing nice to say then please at the very least bring something constructive/alternative to the table. Let people enjoy their game in the way they want to.

17. wedrax

wedrax Avatar

I just ignore and look forward really. Dance parties are not for sure a problem, but invest time and resources on them will not draw to the game other players, and people who don't understand that maybe just need to open a bit their mind. If jokes are miserable, as the comedian said in a world that seem a joke the only usefull thing is to be the comedian :)

18. Alleine Dragonfyre

What you're missing is that they DON'T spend resources on them. Avatars Radio and @Amber Raine does. If you read the whole thread, you would see that. Also if you read the thread you would see what the actual point of the Release parties are, for about the 5th time in this thread alone, to gather metrics to balance the game. Port doesn't run the events, again. Avatars Radio does to help them with this, very necessary, exercise, again.

I see your back-pedaling. Your joke was meant to hurt, which it did. Nice job. You are not welcome in my city now, because of it. I doubt you care, but I do.

19. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Hi everybody. I am a big fan of everything utterly useless in the game.. like dacing parties , rpg sessions and other oddities..
    Sarcasm is good and funny ..like drunk parties :)
    Let's go back to the serendipity side everybody !

“Mirrors can’t talk, lucky for us they can’t laugh either.”

Tsumo2 likes this.
  20. wedrax

wedrax Avatar

If i want hurt i can do something better i must be hurt cause you unervalue me, but in any case people are free to think what they want, personally and honestly i'm laughing about that, and yeah you are right i don't care about , but the thing that make me think is how some people sense other people opinion. Anyway let's go forward:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.