Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

David Bowie said it best...Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Discussion in 'Release 63 Feedback' started by Tyranthraxus, Mar 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g04tn4d0

g04tn4d0 Avatar

Pensacola, Florida, Earth, Dimension C-137
    I have noticed a significant increase in stuttering and, oddly enough, my FPS seem to also have increased a tiny bit. But I get a lot more hitches and stuttering. I'm running the 410 drivers from Nvidia that were just pushed downstream for Ubuntu. I was afraid it was all the fault of the drivers (and I guess it could still be) as I upgraded those and played SotA afterwards, but I've been playing hours of CSGO and DOOM 2016 with no frame loss, hitching, stuttering, or any kind of mini-freezes.

Anyone else experience this? I had someone in my guild complain of the same thing, but you know how these things are... might be any number of things on someone's PC causing this effect. Anyway, here's my info...

Host: MS-7817 2.0
    Kernel: 4.15.0-45-generic
    Packages: 2211
    Shell: bash 4.4.19
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    DE: LXDE
    WM: Openbox
    Theme: Numix [GTK2/3]
    Numix-R [GTK2/3]
    Terminal: cool-retro-term
    CPU: Intel i7-4790K (8) @ 4.200GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Memory: 1193MiB / 15965MiB

Feeyo likes this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yes me included. Also the game seem to crash pretty randomly when booting up.
    When I play, I mostly play on DXVK + wine as the Linux client is just too hitchy.

Three Eighty-Six likes this.
  3. g04tn4d0

g04tn4d0 Avatar

Pensacola, Florida, Earth, Dimension C-137
    Okay, I don't know which did it or if it's all just co-incidental, but after last night's mini-patch... AND... I also got some additional Nvidia 410.xx supporting components pushed downstream to me, I was able to play SotA on it's highest settings without a single hint of stutter. I played for hours with good (heh well for the mostpart) FPS and, seriously, little to zero stutter. Just fired it up this morning, seems to be the same story.

Update: been playing off and on today and still no stutter

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Crashes I can deal with, as long as they arent too frequent. Hitching is another story. Currently the game isnt hitching badly on macOS anymore, but that period where it was, was awful. (It was Mojave driver issues) Right now alot of the performance issues are gone for me, except in some heavy deco towns where it is just pokey. Game seems to look better recently too.

So I would say based on this experience yes, drivers.

Three Eighty-Six likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.