Dead Charlotte Gray Quest

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by RedRust, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRust

RedRust Avatar

I left this for comment in another thread, but it's more of a direct question for clarification regarding this quest.

So the tiny skeleton that you are referring to...is this the one in the two story house where you also find the hilt of Quincy's Sword. the tiny skeleton on the 2nd floor of that house is lootable, I only find gold on it or whatever.

How do I get "word" or something to let the mother know her daughter is dead since I didn't save her?

I have even talked to Edvard and asked about Charlotte, he declares she is dead himself. So why can't I relay this information to the mother? Or how do I do that?

I thought it odd that he says he found her body by the ruins?(Are these the ruins that the dark elf is at?) And if so, I looked near those ruins and didn't find any dead bodies, etc. So I'm really lost on this.

Acred likes this.
  2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

her mothers response to that prolly just hasnt been written/coded yet :)
    I think its due more to the fact there is retro code still in game in certain situations.

Acred likes this.
  3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

What I don't understand about this quest is in R31 I think it was, I got the quest to go find Charlotte and did. She was alive and well in the area past Solace Bridge and Edvard, off to the right, in the area that has the stone rubble. Whoever was with her told me to tell her parents she was ok. So I did. Everyone was happy.

This time once I got the quest, I followed the same path doing the same thing. There was no Charlotte to be found.

4. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

The quest has changed.
    If you start in Solace Bridge, Charlotte is in a burning house inside the walls, and you can lead her to safety.
    If you don't save her then, and return to Solace Bridge later, she has died.

If you don't start in Solace Bridge, you never get the opportunity to save her.
    I started in Blood River and never got the quest. I can talk to her mother, and she asks me to look for Charlotte, but I never get a journal entry, and can't tell her I found the body. Essentially, I can see that there is a quest, but I can't get it logged into my journal.

Rhiannon and 4EverLost like this.
  5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

That's what happened. I started at Blood River I think (path of truth I guess). Once I got the Soltown, I got the quest to find Charlotte. So it was already too late from what you've said.

Something I've asked in many different threads and have never gotten an answer to: how do I know which "path" of quests I'm on? There is nothing that I have read IN GAME that tells me a particular quest is on the path of truth, love, or just a general quest that has nothing to do with any "path". I'm looking at this from the perspective of a new player or someone that hasn't been playing SotA for the last three years.

6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

The only way I've managed to do any quests at all is through google / wikis. And I never know whether they are out of date or I've just missed something.

Right now, I'm on the path of "kill a million wolves until you can continue in a 5 skull area."

Krohon and Sir Frank like this.
  7. Sir Frank

First, I would ask you to look in your journal and see if there's an entry concerning Charlotte. If there isn't, you don't have the quest.

You can't really tell what path you're on, except if your path is taking you through Ardoris it's love. If your path is taking you through Aerie, it's truth. Resolute is courage.
    Otherwise, you just have to guess. For example, the love story takes you through Ardoris to Necropolis and then on to Midras.
    If in Ardoris, you get the Tower of the Shuttered Eye quest, I believe that's a side quest. It may score you some love points, or it may not, but it isn't part of the straight-line path of love.

8. Sir Frank

Andplusalso, if your quest involves undead, it's probably related to love. If it involves elves, they're mostly looking for the truth. Kobolds, courage.

9. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

And that's kind of what I'm talking about. And maybe it doesn't matter that there is no way IN GAME to have any clue what path you are on (or that there IS a path at all). I realize that we have no marketing and that a very large percentage of the current game supporters are those who actually know what the virtues are and why they're important. However if Portalarium wants to reach out to younger gamers, won't those gamers want to know what it's all about? Is it only me who has asked this question? I for one want SotA to be around for a very long time and I think the only way for that to happen, is have players for the long haul...

Sir Frank likes this.
  10. Sir Frank

All I can say is that there is information about the paths of truth, love, and courage offered when one speaks to the Oracle.
    So, not too far into whichever path one has begun, the information and the story start to unfold.
    There's a lot of reading though, and the few people I've spoken to just click through most of that.

11. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Good point. I did talk to the Oracle and paid attention. What I didn't do is make notes. So I will go back to her and see what I missed if anything. Thanks for your input Sir Frank!

Sir Frank likes this.
  12. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

It can be confusing, but the dead body is actually Mankrik's wife.

Smegnite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.