Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Death Magic tree long term plan idea..

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by mike11, Dec 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Death Magic had been a interesting path, since recent changes to the ability leveling system the overall feel seemed to change quite a bit in my experience..

recent changes negative points - that abilities can't be leveled as before seems a bit less fun and limiting (eg Tap Soul)

Death Magic outlook (long term plans) - I would highly recommend integrating Death Magic with being a ghost AKA death, in which players who meet the criteria can continue to play while dead but at a greatly diminished capacity... Rules such as you wouldn't likely to be able to actually kill something but could damage it's health even close to death. At least a few abilities would gain usage while being dead and the hotbar would update accordingly.

Along with this the whole death system of Anhks would get changes, reduce there locations and remove them entirely from Encounters, short instances.

Maybe the existing death 'floating' would not be achieved until 1st or 2nd tier of the Death mastery was learned..

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  2. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Another somewhat obvious idea - Part of Death Touch (high level), would be to counteract penalty from Ankh resurrection.

3. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Great idea Jens_T. Having some resurrection NPC's in game would add some variety from the Res Ankh's which in some places seem a bit... need to be toned down or re-sorted.. I like having some NPC's.
    Something would be cool when roaming the OW (MAP), that, after a 'loss' (losing a encounter - dead can't res) would send you to a NPC healer nearby - this would be represented as a small 'scene' from the Map which you can exit to - such as wandering minstrel scene, or special tavern, or maybe something else like a shrine...

4. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I had a thought that in cases of using ankhs to res where the player would be moved to a spawn location away from the ankh. A fun idea would be to mirror the avatar while he is in 'death mode' - as he approaches the ankh a shadow will be shown in the area of the res... Would be easy to do if the player's co'ords were transfered to the new location then mirrored and a ghosty thing put on the ground. /p

5. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Does anyone know how to level Tap Soul after recent changes? It seems to have been changed somehow and I havn't been able to level it thus I can't access Death Magic tree.

Before you used to be able to level it more easily, even outside combat..
    any insight would be grateful.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Maybe you have to spend focus in order to replenish it using Tap Soul?

7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I am for fewer rez ankhs and more wandering healers ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.