Death Shield questions

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Ysold, Jul 7, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi folks,

My Death Shield skill is at 92 at the moment. According to the skill description, that should give me +25.3% Death Transfer Percentage.
    What does this actually mean? The skill description says "Converts a portion of damage received from physical attacks to health". Is 25% of all physical damage converted to a heal? Or do I have 25% chance that a portion of physical damage converts to a heal? (And what is actually "physical damage"?)

How can I see in chat log that this is actually happening? I can see some lines like "Nemhain is healed for 7 points of health by Satyr Archer." (Nemhain is the name of my character.) That line could be tied to "Satyr Archer attacks Nemhain and hits, dealing 26 points of damage from Aimed Shot." That would more or less compare to 25% of a hit converted to health.
    But those line are very rare in my chat log. If that is where the 25% refers to, how then is determined what the chance is that this happens? And how can that chance be raised?
    Or is the working of Death Shield not written out in chat log at all?

Sorry for the tough questions!
    Ysold.

FBohler and FrostII like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Hey @Ysold !

Actually, those are very easy questions,

Death Shield converts a portion of all physical attacks (arrows, bites, slashes, whacks, slaps). That Portion is dependant on your skill level, so in your case, 25.3% of every physical hit.

Those lines you are seeing are what you should be seeing, you are being healed by the mob. I am not quite certain why you would see them so far and little in between, but those are it, might just not be converting it into text fast enough!

Ysold and Waldo Ptolomy like this.
  3. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Thanks again, Violet!

I studied my chat log a bit more, and found out that Ghosts don't seem to have physical attacks at all, so that explains the absence of the "heal"-lines in the majority of fights I had. Also, the lines are absent when you're already at full health.
    Today I went to Tanglemire to pick out some tougher prey, and saw plenty of "heal"-lines in my log :)

FBohler, Anpu, FrostII and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.