Deca-Yule Ball - Celebrating 10 Years of Shroud of the Avatar!

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Avatars Radio, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Avatars Radio

[​IMG]

Immortal City & Avatars Radio Invite You:
    Deca-Yule Ball
    We join our community in celebrating 10 years of Shroud of the Avatar and to honor the SOTA Developers of past and present for their hard work in bringing our beloved MMORPG monthly content updates faithfully through the years. Thank you!

Developers, Friends & fellow Avatars, please honor us with your attendance to enjoy music, merriment, a buffet, an open bar, games, and gifts. This celebration is about our community too, for without us, there would be no Novia!

The Deca-Yule Ball is on Friday, December 15th, and shall be timed to commence shortly after the official Developer Twitch Livestream and ending many merry hours later. Formal or fantasy attire is required.

Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
    Datendrache, Torrell, Salenia and 8 others like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I'll be a-listenin' ............ :)

3. Eveara

Eveara Avatar

I'll... give it a try. But unless I'm mistaken, it should start between midnight and 1AM in my time zone, so I can't promise anything. :/
    Bummer, for I would have loved to attend... didn't think of that when leaving the U.S. :'(

4. Avatars Radio

Awe! :oops: This event is being held during US time zones because the devs are CST. We're a 24/7 station, though, so expect events coverage & programming that run during waking hours for EU and Asia listeners in the future. We're just gettin' back up & running! Let us know what you'd like to hear when you flip on your amp :D

5. Gills95

Gills95 Avatar

I would love to attend however being in the UK may be difficult at those times. It's great to hear that that you have future plans for events during other time zones. I used to LOVE all the release dance parties in the past, so please keep up the great work

6. Avatars Radio

Ah, we truly feel bad about Avatars around the globe not being able to make it but thank you for your kind words.

We would love to host Release Parties again and plan on doing so in the near future, regardless if the devs need us for load testing, etc. which was the original reason for the Release Parties in the early days of development (that and to have fun). Releases, themselves should be celebrated, of course!

We are only a staff of 3 at the moment and right now, our workload has us pretty busy. However, we're just about ready to open the doors again for new staff and DJs to help us serve this community in the best way possible. Look for posts inviting new staff in the first quarter of 2024. We're in need of DJs and Radio Hosts in the EU, Creative Programming, and daily newswriters for local events that we cover during NEWS ON THE HOUR and perhaps more. :D -alle

(This is a new, updated post because I got my events mixed up! so if you got an email containing my last post, apologies for the confusion.)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    Torrell, Asclepius, Gills95 and 2 others like this.
  7. Avatars Radio

The emcee and DJ for the Deca Yule ball is now scheduled: Alleine Dragonfyre will be spinning holiday and party tunes from across genres and generations in celebration!

8. Avatars Radio

During our past Yule celebrations, we were graced with the presence of Santa Claus himself! He traditionally gave out our attendee gifts and spread cheer throughout the land! We have since lost touch with Santa, so we are posting here in hopes that he sees this.

Santa, please come to the Ball! If you can make it, please PM us here or send a message in Discord or in-game. Thank you!

vulcanjedi and FrostII like this.
  9. Avatars Radio

Last Minute Invitation for Audio Greetings to The Developers and Community!

If you would like to record a holiday greeting or message to our Developers to be played ON THE AIR during the Ball, please submit it before Thursday, December 14th. After The Ball, your recordings will be played on the air every few hours 24 hours a day until New Year's Day. Late submissions are accepted for play after The Ball.

Ideas include:
    • Special Thanks to the Developers for all the great times SOTA has given to our Community
    • A super quick holiday story or tale
    • Holiday Event Announcements in your own voice
    • Holiday Wishes to/from specific Avatars, Guilds or Towns
    • Opportunity to promote your in-game town or business holiday info during the event
    • Or any holiday or 10th-anniversary messages you wish
    Spot Guidelines:
    1. Use of copyrighted music (like holiday tunes or whatever) for this event is OK, have fun with it!
    2. 30 Seconds to 60 seconds only, please.
    3. No naughty words (for this event), please
    4. Submit your completed mp3 recordings to Alleine Dragonfyre in Discord.
    Once reviewed and approved, just sit back and listen for your message to be played during the Ball, which will be broadcast on Avatars Radio and simulcasted on Twitch & TikTok live!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
    Datendrache and Xennet like this.
  10. Avatars Radio

Update that is a correction too:rolleyes:

It says above that your recordings will be played during the Ball, but what I meant to say is that they will be premiered during the ball and then will continue in our 24-hour-a-day rotation about once every few hours all the way through New Years Day. Apologies! So it's better to get them in for the Ball because who knows who will be coming but you're fine to submit afterwards.

Only two more days until The Ball!