Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Decks, Ongoing Concerns

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Xander Xavier, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

From long hours of play testing through many releases there are a number issues with the deck system I believe need to be addressed:

Deck Swapping: Once upon a time the time it took to swap decks depended on the number of items you were switching out. If I remember correctly it was:
    8 seconds for a full costume change (I do not believe you should be able to change armor in combat anyway)
    Around 2-3 seconds to switch weapons or to just change decks
    Now it is 4 seconds to swap decks regardless of how simple or absurd the change is.
    Four seconds I a very long time in combat. Especially went swapping decks is subject to interruption.
    Recommendations and options:
    Go back to the old system. It made sense.
    Do not allow any equipment swapping in combat except for weapons.
    Have the time to swap decks improve as the skill Swap Deck levels up.
    If you must make it a fixed time, make it 3 seconds if uninterruptible or 2 seconds if interruptible.

To make matters worse when swapping decks the new deck come up on full cool down.
    Not only does it take 4 seconds to swap decks you cannot even use the skills in your new deck immediately. Many glyphs if locked in the new deck will not be available for 15-30 seconds. If surviving a battle is depend on accessing skills in another deck you may as well run away.

Why should we be limited to only six decks?
    We should be able to make as many decks as combat situations we can imagine:
    A pvp stealth ranged deck
    A pvp stealth melee deck
    A non pvp stealth ranged deck
    A non pvp stealth melee deck
    A standard pvp ranged deck
    A standard pvp melee deck
    A standard non pvp ranged deck
    A standard non pvp melee deck
    AOE decks for both range and melee combat
    A deck for fighting undead
    Ranged and melee healing decks for grouping
    Ranged and melee combat decks for grouping
    A deck for fighting fire elementals
    It take time and effort to redo decks for each special situation. So why not let us make and save as many decks as we need?

2. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

Not a PvPer, but I also could use more decks - at least one for different types of mobs

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  3. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

I am not PvPer either, but if I had a set of decks for it I might give it a try.

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  4. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

Oh, and let's not forget about the cool down times of locked glyphs. Once upon a time many releases ago, the number of copies of a glyph you had effected the cool down time of that glyph in a locked deck. The more copies you had the shorter the glyph's cool down time. Now it does not matter how many copies of the glyph you have or whether you assign it to just a locked slot or assign it a locked slot and every other slot; the cool down time of the locked glyph is the same. For example:
    I assign Healing Touch to slot 1 and lock it. The cool down time is 8 seconds whether I am level 5 in Healing Touch with only 1 copy of the glyph or level 80 with 5 copies. It does not matter if Healing Touch is only assigned to just that slot and locked or if I also assign it to slots 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and 0; the cool down time of Healing Touch locked in slot 1 is still 8 seconds (which is too long regardless, Healing Ray takes ten seconds to cool down, Healing touch is only 2 seconds less).
    More slots on our combat and non-combat bars would also be helpful. If you used `, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, -, =, [, ], and \ as hot keys you could have 16 glyphs on your hot bar.

Lord Beaumaris, Acred and Time Lord like this.
  5. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Noted. Most of those concerns look like bugs!

I'm writing these up now. Thanks for the post!

Bluefire, Acred and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.