Deco: Arrow Trap

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Feb 25, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

The deco arrow trap occasionally is stuck firing. Happened a few times when running over the trigger it does not end but fires on. That might be because at the time I tried to cover the edges of the trigger with plants to make it less visible. However when placing it here it got stuck in firing mode, too, until I triggerd it again by running over the trigger plate:

[​IMG]

It would need a dye slot. Sure I can put a bush next to the arrowshooter, but the trigger plate is a cementlike grey. That sticks out on grass or any other floortype. Being able to dye the trigger plate green would be helpful to conceal it a little bit.

The arrows shooting out of the shooter fly very straight and seem to hit in the same place. As the trigger is wider than the field of fire, someone stepping just on the edge of the trigger might not be "hit".
    Could the arrow shooter perhaps spread the shots a bit out to the left and right to cover the entire trigger plate with it´s fire?

When placing the arrow trap, trying to find the right size to fit the surroundings, it looks as if there would be available space around to enlarge it one step more - yet then it only shows red in placement mode. Is there additional space needed around the trap that is not shown?

e.g. here:
    [​IMG]
    From the point of view of my avatar:
    I can place the trap on the left directly next to the hedge. On the right and behind the trigger plate there is still grass visible - but if I try to move the arrow trap to be adjacent to the hedge there it stay red/unplaceable. Edit: Nevermind - it is the presence of my avatar that prevents me from positioning it more to the right or front. When I moved outside the rectangle of trigger plate AND arrow shooter, then it could be enlarged another size and placed right next to the hedge.

The arrowshooter is without substance. I tried to hop on it but fell through. Could you make at least the post on which it stands have substance to block passage and to allow one to stand atop it?
    If it stays substanceless, either entirely or partial - could the placement allow to put the arrowshooter partly INSIDE the hedge behind it, to conceal the shooting element partly?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023