1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Deco Surfaces in/on Greenhouses

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Janzik, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Janzik

Janzik Avatar

Howdy there!
    This is farmer Jan, farmer John's lesser known brother. As you prolly reckoned from meh name, I do a lot of farming! You know... growin plants in such in greenhouses. I've been trying to hang lanterns, torches, and these new fangled Lectric Lights, in meh growin houses fer YEARS now! Can't do it! Just can't be done!

Now, I know'd ther was a spell, or some such magic nonsense, makin folks see in the dark! I grow Garlic, Mandrake, and Nightshade for this old woman with a pointy hat, a big ugly mole on her nose, and rides a damn broom like a horse! She tried to teach me sump'n called "Nightvision?" scared the hell out'a me when she pulled out a big ole number three washtub, which she said were a "Cauldron," and started building a fire under it, right near my hay barn! What the hell is a newt, and how d'ya get it's eye's out anyway? We are just simple farm folk out here! we can't be cast'n spells just so we can water our crops!

Meh Neighbor said I ought'ta talk to the Titans of Novia bout fix'n my growin houses so i can hang'em lights all over the inside and outside of 'em. Well, since I don't know any of them Titans, and I hear they're all dead anyways!, I figured I'd write a letter to them that govern this here world. Meh friend said he'd put it on the InterWebs fer meh. So here it is...

Can you gods of Novia make it so's I can add some lights on meh Growin Houses Please?!
    We'd shore be mighty obliged! Thank Ya's! ~Farmer Jan

Eveara and Kara Brae like this.
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Hail Jan Johnson!

So sad to hear of the fire, I shall refer this to the Council of Might to consider changes in the building codes that would allow for light placement within this and other similar structures. Might be a good time to determine if open fires in greenhouses are a bad idea too.

Janzik likes this.
  3. Laney

Laney Support Staff Moderator SOTA Developer

Sooo the wishlist item is for deco surfaces in your greenhouse?

jrs99 and Janzik like this.
  4. Janzik

Janzik Avatar

Yes, Ma'm

5. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

Heya Farmer Jan,

I heard form a person from the far east, that they have lights on a rope. I gave me a construction plan and after I nearly loose all my fingers at the milling station, I cafted one of that foreign thing to bring light into my greenhouse. What shoud i say, don't wonder, it works.
    May you find someone with all his fingersat his hands, who can craft you such a wonder of light for your greenhouse.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  6. Janzik

Janzik Avatar

Wow! you know... I never even thought of that! nice one Morkin.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  7. Eveara

Eveara Avatar

Janzik likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's what I did with mine but, unfortunately, the crafted iron wall lamps have a bug where they often don't come on.

[​IMG]

Janzik likes this.
  9. Lained

Lained Avatar

Street lamps also work just make sure they orientated between the planters so they don't overhang and impede the plant growth, though I utilise the light spell for night farming.

10. Janzik

Janzik Avatar

FOLLOW UP: As suggested in this thread and by numerous players in game, I used Rough Wooden Lamp Posts, but placed them on the outside of my green houses. (These are craftable and CAN be placed on private property, within the lot boundaries) I rotated them inward so that the light actually hangs above the beveled roof. 4 lamps placed near the corners along the front and rear of the building, supplies a fair amount of light... enough so that i can now see where i am watering and what i am targeting. However!, i am still, very much, looking forward to a day when i can add inhouse lighting to the ceiling, beneath the ridge cap. I feel it will provide more light and be more centrally located within the building for better visibility.
    A big thank you to the Developers for looking into this!
    ~Janzik

11. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Is that the "Shogun Lightstring"?

12. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

yes. I change the URL. Now, the picture is visible again.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Good opening post. Deco surfaces in greenhouses is a good wishlist item.