Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Default Confirm Action for "Unclaim Lot" Should Not Be "Yes"

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Black Tortoise, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Firstly, I think the "Unclaim Lot" option in the house lot menu is too easy to get to. It can very easily be clicked on accidentally, and it could have some rather extreme consequences if unintentionally unclaimed.

Secondly, the default action for just about any confirm modal is "yes" or accept. In most cases, that is great - you can just press the enter key on your keyboard and not have to reach for mouse and click more things. However, in this case (and Im sure I could think of others), hitting the Enter/Return key on the keyboard should not submit the confirmation - one should be forced to explicitly express confirmation.

In fact, a text input where you have to type "Y-E-S" in all caps would make the best sense. Sort of like deleting your account on certain services, like some games.

Either way, I can easily imagine someone sliding their hand out of place, and accidentally clicking on "Unclaim Lot" and then in the same gesture, striking the Enter/Return key on their keyboard, and *poof* house is gone.

Sure, its highly likely you could replace it since the deed goes in your inventory (thank goodness). Its possible someone else might snag your lot in that brief moment. In any event, it should not be this simple of a process to unclaim a lot. It should require some momentary concentration and a few specific gestures (or typing) to confirm. At least, when the "Unclaim this lot...?" confirm modal is popped up, striking Enter/Return should cancel the action, instead of agreeing to it. I think it would be safer that way.

Quenton, niteowl57 and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.