Desura, something between Steam and DRM-Free and new players

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by reezer, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reezer

reezer Avatar

Hello,

I really like DRM-Free games, but I also really like the ease that Steam gives me to manage games.

Would it be possible to add Shroud of the Avatar to Desura? This shouldn't be too hard, but could both, give people another choice and bring Shroud of the Avatar to people that didn't know about it yet, because they are not on Steam.

I think that people who use Desura don't overlap too much with other income streams of new Shroud of the Avatar players, so it might be worthwile. Also the process of integration should be simple.

And for reviews: Games can be "in alpha funding", so I think people would realize the game simply isn't finished yet, when it states to be Pre-Alpha.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Steam is a pretty wonderful service with very minimal DRM. You can even set games up to play offline for a month with no check-in to Steam servers.

It seems the only people who really object to Steam are those who won't allow any level of online service or DRM, period. Desura is no better than Steam in that regard.

It might not hurt to get SotA on more services like GOG Galaxy and Desura, but I'm not sure it will appeal to the anti-DRM crowd who refuses to use Steam.

3. Frank Bach

Frank Bach Avatar

The company behind the digital distribution platform Desura is bankrupt and even can't pay the developers anymore. So this might be a risk.

enderandrew and Mata like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.