Dev actions that made me angry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

As interesting as this topic is and as complicated as it seems to be to offer RMT, we shouldn't forget about the other problem, Mac2 brought up. The spawning of enemies upon him which cost him lots of EXP. It would be great getting an answer on this one, too. Thanks.

Nikko, margaritte, Jens_T and 6 others like this.
  2. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Again if you sell towards EU it doesnt matter where you sit. Buyer makes the rules. So for Germans cash shop stuff will be mire expensive than for US people.. depending if Portalarium covers the tax or lets us pay the tax. Usually companies do the latter.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Lets maybe look at it another way. Mac is a beast, a pve animal , not too sure of his pvp prowess but when it comes to npc killing.....Mac is King....and likely Sara is Queen :)

Unless this happens on a number greater than 3 from recent memory or thereabouts and it isn't a swarm of them with the obvious( i don't know as didnt see) intention of killing him and making him lose xp....I would personally at first or 2nd or even 3rd occasion over a prolonged period of time credit it to a dev who is just trying to say............ Hello! We can see you and yes u good..but can u handle this.....at the same time! ..............Oh u can...Await next time :)

I wouldn't automatically see it as they out to get him...maybe....they just trying to play a bit with him and increase his experience.....

Sara Dreygon and Thwip like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

It's just a don't.
    The times you could just drop Mobs on a player as a joke are long past and gone.
    I am always for a active participation of devs in quests but they have to be marked as that and not just drop monsters on a whim.
    That's incredible unprofessional in my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Tamsen, Nikko, Elwyn and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Same as your spelling :) <-- joke

Bad joke? Maybe yes....but was intended as a joke....a bit of fun.....Maybe the same could be said with regards Macs situation, a bit of fun between........friends ( or assumed friends)...lets try and not be soooo serious about something unless it 100%....imo

We can all have a bad joke day :(

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I think Mac just is angry his service got shut down despite confirming it several times. Understandable but in general not surprising. A player like Mac can easily make the 1kk xp and I am sure at the time he was joking about it as well.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yeah you are a funny person. Laughing my ass of and stuff. Would tell you what i think about your joke but i try to stay below 2 moderations a day.

It's just a no go. Feel free to have a different opinion but i am not going to play a game where devs drop mobs on me out of...."fun".
    Hence i am with Darkmoon. Some clarification would be in order here.

Tamsen likes this.
  8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well at this point in time, it doesn't really matter if people "like" the route that Sota went with RMT. That ship has long sailed, I think.
    Clearly they made a decision based on the pros/cons of allowing it, and when the cons include a significant cost in time/personnel to try and monitor people who are going to do it anyway, well, we see the result.

I think the other issue is that some such things are just impossible to track.
    For example, if I decide to drag a new player through a zone they have no business being in to help them out, there's no way for port to know if that player subsequently sent me cash - they don't see my bank statements and such, there'd be simply no way to police this. Likewise, lets say a few days later that player instead gives me in game gold or resources - was this as a thank you? Was it to make them gear? Or was it a 'payment' arranged outside of game for services rendered? How would you differentiate the two?

For this reason I think as I say, the ship has sailed, the worm can is opened, the only thing that they can really do at this point is discourage people from using the official forums as a place to conduct such business because of how it may look. And I can see the motivation for wanting that. But I don't see it changing either way?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

One can't stop these services, all of these other previously mentioned games, while they state said rules they are globally ignored, power leveling, sales etc. What's proof of transfer? Someone hunting with someone? may as well ignore it because the logistics behind actual enforcement are moronic.

Sway and Sara Dreygon like this.
  10. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Now...I could take that as offensive in its tone and pitch.....But i wont as i imagine it was returned in jest to my jest with you :)
    However if the next 3+ or so returned quotes form you are in that tone i would be justifiable in taking the position that it was intentionally aggressive <------again in reference to Macs situation.....
    Otherwise...just a bit of banter between friends/experience sharers/ilk/flock/family.......

11. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Every other game forbids such transactions.. but for every game that has a certain following you can find services selling levels, igg and such. Those people usually evade tax and fighting them is a very very tedious task. I like the approach to let the players sell their stuff... but nevertheless there are laws that need to be paid attention to and they complicate things. :(

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

<3

Really, as i said, it depends on your personal opinion.
    I like my games dev interference free if i do not attend to an dev supported event.
    So let's agree not to agree.

Sara Dreygon and Bow Vale like this.
  13. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Any Devs reading this...DONT drop anything near the Earl else u for the chop...Me however, i consent, no limits here....... i wouldn't be upset if 'someone' accidently dropped 30+ rabbits each carrying a blue bag..... :)

Sara Dreygon and Kpopgurl like this.
  14. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What I ask myself when I think about RMT, do players really own this stuff? I mean basically they use some gamecode which is still part of the game and which remains on the server. So are they the owners of virtual stuff?
    When we buy a game we do not own it, we just buy the permission to use it. Is this the same with virtual items?
    What about my item when the game shuts down? Is my property deleted although I bought it and don't want it to be deleted? Can I get the gamecode for my virtual property?

EMPstrike, Tetsu Nevara and Gorthyn like this.
  15. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Mac has reached the real soft cap. Devs now apparently spawn monsters on him. Never go afk!!

Sara Dreygon, K1000 and margaritte like this.
  16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I think the main issue here is really about the spawning monsters for no reason... I've seen this happen on Ox's Stream once, but it was a funny thing, a giant watcher, and it wouldnt deal much damage at that time. it didnt cause any deaths, and since it was on livestream it was funny, but during a bug report? or during a training session in an area that could cause a death to the player on it self (of course Macs gotten to the point where he can do it efficiently but still, im pretty sure he could die there if hes not careful). So to spawn monsters that have no reason to be there, and in a large amount, not just 1 for fun? that is where it is getting out of hand and where maybe the Devs should have a talk and decide that this is something they should stop...

Nikko and Sara Dreygon like this.
  17. Vero

Vero Avatar

If the spawning was intended as a 'cutoff' (temporarily) of the xp grind that's a bad thing. As a thanks for the bug report it's even worse..

I do really think the Dev thought it was 'funny move' (perhaps they thought a death during monkeygroom grind was not al to bad, not knowing about Mac his huge 1st death decay?)

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  18. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Just as example for how trading with virtual goods needs to be handled examine the CSGO skin trading system! Maybe they come up with sth similar!

19. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

i consider the stuff i bought at add on store my property, if the devs change the rules and stop allowing RMT in SOTA i´ll get very sad and quit the game.

Sway and Dhanas like this.
  20. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

So People would leave the Game only because of RMT? Why?

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Lord_Darkmoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.