Did you know, these forums can host giveaways?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derium, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derium

Derium Avatar

These forums (XenForo) can do some really amazing things with giveaways. And it's super easy (and boosts activity by A LOT). I think it might attract more attention if people hear they are giving away some entry level pledges. Might get people on the fence about the game to take part in conversations. Hear me out before you think i'm crazy.

I have the exact same forums as these, and I run them a lot. I have it set up where you get points for logging in each day, and points per post and reply. Then my forum members can spend those points on the giveaways. And the giveaways are automatic once you set them up. You can run it for say, 30 days. Make it anywhere from 0 points to enter (you can limit each entry to 1 per person, or also require minimum posts, days registered ect) up to, well, 1,000,000 points. You can also restrict entries by IP address too, to combat multi-account users trying to abuse the giveaway. You can even ban members from it ect.

Once the amount of time you specify reaches zero (or max entries allowed), it draws the winner on it's own. Sends a PM to the winner, makes a forum post announcing the winner, and PMs whatever admins with the information too. All on it's own (about 5 minutes tops set up time to host it like this). I always make sure to set it up where the winner has 14 days to reply, or the giveaway goes back live.

SotA could put some sweet lower pledges, add-ons, whatever on there. I'd be willing to pay for a Patron level pledge to kick it off. And even help set up the forums addon if they want to give it a shot.

here is what active ones look like: http://forums.deriums.com/index.php

(ignore the crappy looking images I used, we were too lazy to edit them in Gimp before posting these)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

smack, docdoom77, Logain and 2 others like this.
  2. Logain

Logain Avatar

Points per day, great! But per post/reply is just asking people to spam and drastically decrease the content of postings (even further).

Generous! I wish I could like the posting even more for that ;)

Derium likes this.
  3. Derium

Derium Avatar

You can set it to a word minimum. I believe I have it set up to you need ten words or more to earn a point. Eh, if they don't like the per post. There are plenty of ways to do it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.