Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Did You Really Intend for the Game to be Played this Way?

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Xander Xavier, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

@RichardGarriott
    I did every beginning quest I could find from Soltown to Owl's Head to Resolute to build up my beginning experience pool. But after I used it all up I ended up locking every skill be one at a time in order to get my basic defensive skills and carrying capacity up to a functional level. I am really not a fan of micro skills management, but the game forces it on me. Where is the natural flow of the game where focus on the story line or some personal object rather than I need 40 in such and such a skill to get to the next skill tier?

Retro, Gix, Net and 2 others like this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I agree. If it is intended to play this way, we need a button to turn off ALL skills, to 'reset' it to 'xp pool collection-mode', it would make micromanagement a lot faster. I was hoping the game would 'just play' as @Chris said it would in the past.. but we all know you pretty much need to turn off things or else some skills like Healthy and many other innates will suck things in when they get high enough, preventing any meaningful progression on a combat skill. Many innates are triggered (and pull xp) when using even just one skill, and this is not intuitive to most players.

Retro and Svahn like this.
  3. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Personally I think the problem right now is there are too few quests and only 1 of 3 story lines that have content enough to naturally progress both the story and the XP needed to level along. Remember, it is still early access so a lot of stuff won't work as expected until later.

4. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Optional is optional.

I dont do any of that and I seem to be doing just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.