Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Direction of entering zone should effect where you enter!

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by liz_the_wiz, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

For realistic reasons, and pvp issues it would make sense that if you come from the north, you enter the gate nearest north, if you come from the south, you enter the one nearest south, so if 2 people run to zone from opposite sides they dont start in the same place.. It would be a great addition to the immersion of the game.

Im sure its been mentioned before, but I was running around and talking on stream and we all decided it would be a real good idea.

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Yes, was mentioned before i guess, and yes would be very, very cool and more immersing (and easier to get to the Market of Spite :p)

I played a lot of PotBS and did some fleet Action in Naval Action where this matters a lot and can decide the battle in the end.

3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

NOooo! That would ruin the newly acquired lot near the main entrance for me!

Just kidding. As much as it does benefit me to have everyone start out by my vendor, I completely support this as it just makes sense, and I think is best for the game.

4. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

+1

Stundorn likes this.
  5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

The only thing I can say is the direction is unimportant when your avatar is twice as big as the entire town. Instead of the "enter" button just add "enter north, enter west, etc.", and click the one you want. And only if you have found these other gates, in my opinion. Otherwise the default is active if the first time entering or if you just hit the "e" key.

Stundorn likes this.
  6. Curt

Curt Avatar

When pressing the 'enter' button simply compare current position to the middle of the town/scene and use it to figure out which direction you want to enter from.

7. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Absolutely! Was also discussed for towns and would make sense. Could be either implemented by reading your entry vector or by displaying a small menu to select your entry point.

8. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

In one of the latest uncloned zones, Upper Fortus, you can enter the eastern entrance when on the east side of the river/road, and western entrance when on the west side of the river/road.
    This is definitely possible to do for the other zones/towns.

uhop likes this.
  9. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

would be nice to see for sure

10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

11. Gix

Gix Avatar

Instead of having one "big" collission box to detect whenever you're over a scene (to get the "Enter" prompt), they should use multiple (smaller) collission boxes. The amount of should vary depending on how many entrances/exits the scene actually has.

This is exactly what happens with all of the Control Points already. So the method used would be consistent.

What I want to avoid is having to handle yet another menu to get in a zone. As annoying as it is, a "list" menu works for the boats in Blood Bay because you're essentially giving directions to a captain... but entering a scene? I'm doing it on foot! I like the idea of entering the scene from the direction I came from, but don't make it a hassle for those who really don't care which side they appear.

12. Jamist

Jamist Avatar

+1

13. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I believe, based on its presence in some but not all scenes (like the Passes) that it is eventually intended. They might be holding off until scene uncloning is done. Right now they kind of benefit from just having you enter cloned scenes from different entrances to give them a slightly different feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.