Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Disappearing Deco

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by rild, Sep 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rild

rild Avatar

1. Title: Disappearing deco item during placement
    2. Reproduction Rate: Unknown
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Placing a statue on a property, interrupted somehow and it popped off-screen as usual. However, it did not return to my inventory or to my bank. Unclaiming the lot returned the item to my bank - this suggests that the item was actually placed in some in-between place, or underground somehow. It was a fire elemental so shoulda been easy to see if it was sticking up anywhere. It did not however show up as a light source on the lot limits.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: So far unable to reproduce
    6. User Specs: Win10

2. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

9/26/2017 5:46 AM
    Title: See above
    Reproduction Rate: Random
    Blocker? Seems to be bad
    Details: I placed a plus 1 bear mask in the window of the Gothic Mansion and was not 100 percent satisfied with where it was, so I went to move it (just a little bit) and the mouse icon changed to (not X) so I thought it would be a good placement, but I could not see the 'green' tint of the deco. That didn't bother me because it was dark and a pet was wandering in front of me, so I let it go. It did not appear a the new location or the old one. Earlier I lost an ornate rusted long fence (or medium) Same idea. I placed it, didn't like the location and tried again. It vanished. It would be interesting to take the house down to see if the deco's appeared in my bank, but I think I will let someone else conduct that experiment, though if there is a new build on the test server, I could try it there.
    Steps to Reproduce: Place a deco, then try to move it to a different location, when it is neither green nor red, try dropping it.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16321
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8120
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.660.Date.09.12.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Whyte Roc
    Area Display Name: Whyte Roc
    Loc: (380.4, 56.2, 264.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdoeXRlIFJvY3woMzgwLjQzLCA1Ni4xNTMsIDI2NC41NzUpfCgwLCAtMC43MjIsIDAsIDAuNjkyKXwtOTMuMzY5MTZ8MzkuNjkxNDl8My42MzQ3MDI=

3. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

9/26/2017 6:00 AM
    Title: See above
    Reproduction Rate: 100ish?
    Blocker? Pain (maybe)
    Details: Ok, so after losing the hat, I tried to place a spear up on the wall, it was kind of irritable with me, but I finally got it to turn green and I place it. However, I did not like the spot, so moved it. This time when I let it go, it vanished. It wasn't back where it was and it was not in my inventory. So I ran my mouse around the spot where I thought I left it and I got the permissions context menu. I clicked around that spot a couple of times and the spear appeared! So then I ran back to the hat (see first image below) and ran the mouse around until I got the context menu that it is there. (I have not tried to move the hat and at this time, I cannot see the hat). So, I went back out front to see about the fence I had lost and it had re-appeared! However, one of the reasons I moved the fence was so that I could put up a gravestone. Once the fence vanished, I went ahead with the gravestone and thought I would deal with the missing fence later. (see the last image) The fence has re-appeared, but it is 'inside' of the gravestone. I tried to 'move' the gravestone, being sure to never release it while 'green' and sure enough, I cannot place it back in the spot it currently occupies because the fence is in that location. Hopefully, this helps if the hat returns I will be sure to let you know.
    Steps to Reproduce: (See above)
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16321
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8120
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.660.Date.09.12.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Whyte Roc
    Area Display Name: Whyte Roc
    Loc: (381.4, 56.2, 265.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdoeXRlIFJvY3woMzgxLjM3MiwgNTYuMTUzLCAyNjUuMTUzKXwoMCwgMC42MjksIDAsIC0wLjc3Nyl8MjgxLjM2MzJ8NDkuMjIyMzh8My42MzQ3MDI=

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.