Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Disappearing Off-hand Weapon

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Cordelayne, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

During combat my offhand weapon will completely disappear. Both from my hand and my inventory. It will eventually reappear in my backpack if I either zone from the instance or log out or back in. I am assuming this is either etheric disorientation causing my avatar to hallucinate or some type of new magic yet unseen in Novia! Or perhaps it is even simpler than that...it's a leprechaun! ;)

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  2. Dantuin

Dantuin Avatar

Confirmed -- happened to me in Mariah Overlook

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

How regularly does this occur? Is it random? Is there some state you find yourself in where you observe this happening? Any additional details would help us immensely in investigating this issue.

4. Dantuin

Dantuin Avatar

I do remember I crashed a couple of times while fighting so that could have a bit to do with it (specifically when I went to loot a body killed by someone else). That has never happened to me in that area before.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  5. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

It happened to me a couple times with different characters ( deleted 1st character[unrelated to this bug] and created new one; both starting in Highvale ).
    The weapon in my left hand disappeared during the Battle of Highvale, when I looted a corpse, both times, and didn't appear again until I entered another scene.

/edit - Not exactly sure when the weapon disappeared. Noticed it gone right after looting a corpse.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

This happens most often at control points. Specifically when I am bashing down the gate to get through. Replica rate: 100% of the time.

Should i choose to stay and fight, in that instance, I will not be able to use the offhand weapon nor any offhand associated skills. As mentioned before, this does rectify itself when I zone or if I exit and re-enter the game. Hope that helps and thanks for your attention Attenwood! :)

*Edit* So after playing throughout the weekend its anytime i bash something. Whether its a gate, barrell or box.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We have an observable issue where this was occurring for quite a few items. We believe we have a fix for that issue that was brought into patch 410. If you could verify if you see this issue occurring anymore? Thank you!

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Abercrombie_McCloud

Abercrombie_McCloud Avatar

I know its still happening in control points

9. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

Just had this happen to me recently. It happened after I used the Swap Deck ability from a ranged to dual wield melee spec. I was playing around with it mainly and then only noticed it when I was mining. After my pickaxe was put away, my character drew only one of the two longswords that were equipped. I looked for the other one in inventory but couldn't find it.

10. Ellrynn

Ellrynn Avatar

The same , but , in combat , the longsword reappears !

11. Daggoth2

Daggoth2 Avatar

Happens to me as well. It's random, no noticeable pattern/trigger. It comes back if you zone out of the instance you are in when it happens though. First time I nearly had another heartattack, when I discovered my Sword of the Ba'Heer was missing. Thought I'd accidentally sold it some how, or that a new disarm skill had been given to mobs. Major relief when it returned when I zoned out of that instance.

12. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

Yeah, this happens to me at control points too. If I try to bash the gate open with my weapons equiped it makes my off hand weapon disappear until I relog/zone. If I take my off hand weapon off it stays in my bag.

13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This happened once in Highvale so far.. rezoning made the weapon reappear. Copper Dagger in my off-hand.

14. Selene

Selene Avatar

I can confirm this has also happened to me. I came to bug report it when I found this. When you bash the gate, both main and offhand are taken off of paperdoll view.. when the action is completed, only the main hand weapon returns. I am also using a dagger in offhand.

Fister Magee likes this.
  15. Selene

Selene Avatar

Also occurs when breaking through the wall to go to the third level in the Verdantis Mine.

16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I am unsure, and have not reproduced it (I have not trained my offhand dagger much, yet) but I believe she might be on to something, it's highly probably that in Highvale I had interacted with the Gate... I'll go and see if this is part of the issue for me. With an off-hand dagger that is. I have not experienced this with a shield in my offhand.

17. Cherico

Cherico Avatar

I have the same bug: offhand weapon disappears sometimes.
    It always disapperas, when i "use" something like the gates in the passes (my character changes to attack-mode, but only draw mainhand-weapon and offhand disapperas).
    When i leave the scene, the offhand weapon is back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.