1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Discoverable Recipes in Off-Line Mode

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by CatDude, Jun 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatDude

CatDude Avatar

@Ravalox

As per our earlier discussion, can recipes be made discoverable at the crafting stations while playing in Off-Line Mode? As it stands, this cannot be done. I can only gain recipes through combat drops.

Examples:

1. At the Alchemy Station, I know the recipes for Potions of Might and Wolf Speed, but "Craft" button will not engage when I attempt Self-Discovery.

2. At the smelting station, trying to combine common rings into uncommon ring: I put in the 4 rings, the 100 coal and the stone chisel, but again, the "Craft" button will not light up to execute Self-Discovery.

Can this condition be altered without causing undue delays to more important game developments?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Wilfred and Time Lord like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That might be a bug? I'm pretty sure all the combining artifact recipes are supposed to be discoverable. Looking at all the ones I have in my book, they are all listed as "Re-Teachable" which means they should be discoverable.

[EDIT] Ah... are you placing essences as well? That changed a bit ago. Common to Uncommon is 4 Artis, 100 Coal, Stone Chisel, and 1 Ancient Essence. Unccommon to Rare needs 2 essences, Rare to Legendary is 4, and Legendary to Epic is 6.

Alley Oop and Time Lord like this.
  3. CatDude

CatDude Avatar

I am not aware of that change. I will investigate further. I have plenty of Jones Rings from which to get essence.

4. CatDude

CatDude Avatar

Experimentation showed that Ancient Essence was the missing ingredient for combining the rings. I presume this will apply to other artifacts as well.

That said, I reconfirmed that Potions cannot be Self-Discovered.

I think it may hinge on the factor of "Re-Teachable".

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Both of these recipes require you to find and learn the recipe first before making them. You can't discover them. Only recipes that are Re-Teachable can be discovered.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah... Yes. "Re-Teachable" recipes are the only ones you can learn by placing the ingredients on the table and crafting. Teachable and Not Teachable can only be learned by having/reading the recipe.

You can also learn Re-Teachable and Teachable recipes by finding somebody who already knows them. The difference is if somebody teaches you a Teachable recipe, you can't turn around and teach it to somebody else. Re-Teachable recipes can be passed from person to person repeatedly.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

He is is playing Offline.

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

And I've perfectly described the preceding phenomenon in my signature. ;)

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

(Actually, I did read all the words yesterday, I'd just forgotten when revisiting the thread today.)

10. CatDude

CatDude Avatar

Well somebody finally dropped the Wolf Speed Potion recipe, so I can finally put the wolf heads to use. Still questing for the might potion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.