Do items slotted for "warding" help in PVE?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikko, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I have seen this explained both ways... That it is helpful in PVE, i.e, you wear a ton of sorcery "warding" gear, and it'll help resist fire a lot vs. something like the dragons, and I have seen people say that it is only helpful in PVP. I have no idea how that could be, but I have seen people say it.

Another question then would be this:

If I wear a bunch of "warding" stuff, it takes down attunement a bit in that tree as well. I thought attunement is NEEDED for resists to be really good. In fact, I spent a week getting my attune in fire to 80+ just to help resist fire. This seems to be a conundrum. What is truly the best way to resist an element, and how do I really know how high my resistance to a certain element is? Is there a maximum? I wish these things were explained much better instead of being such "hidden values." Is the best way to see these values really by using third party software like @Umuri 's (awesome) applications? That seems wrong. There seems to be a lot of guessing on these finer aspects of the game.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Afaik, ward gems still don't work in PVE and neither do resist potions.

3. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I do not know for certain as I'm not high roller enough yet to be able to sacrifice pieces of gear "FOR SCIENCE!" and not terribly interested in figuring out how to use cheat engine to realistically accomplish the same thing in offline mode, BUT I didn't feel like it did anything for me when my ring and necklace both had fire warding gems: Fire seemed just as scary until I started getting more attunement, and to be quite frankly honest started getting a more powerful douse.

Nikko likes this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

i skipped the Fire tree and adventure using a sorcery warded bow and cloth chest piece. The protective effect is very noticeable when I'm up against fire mages. I even occasionally survive a catapult hit during a siege.

Nikko likes this.
  5. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Thanks for the feedback, my fellow avatars. Hopefully we'll have a definitive answer soon. Seems Numa has been getting good fire resist from 3 warding gems and very little attune, so that is promising. I'll mess with it a bit and see how it goes!

Numa likes this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Maybe hazard damage is different than mob damage, but recently I tested fire resist by standing in a campfire. The resist from douse lowered fire damage but wards and potions didn't.

7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Very good info. Thanks for the input here. I really think that major game systems such as this need to be working before "Launch" of the product. I really hope this type of thing is stamped out beforehand, or people are really going to be upset/leave the game early. I know the game is in an incomplete state right now, but I sometimes feel like we should have a list of all things that are known bugs/partially implemented just so we don't have to constantly guess at these things. This would make filing a bug report easier too. Does this list exist, and I am just unaware?

8. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

There is a chance that "fire from spells" and "fire from other sources" are treated differently. @Chris Can you add clarification?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.