Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

DO NOT Give Out Exclusive Items in a Release!

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by VZ_, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It's a hat at the end of the day...if you couldn't play from crashes I'm sure you could get the devs involved to make sure you don't end up without the hat.

Caska DiFumarate likes this.
  2. Maximus Katse

Maximus Katse Avatar

This is the first release I've played since R6. The hat isn't the reason I came back as I was going to eventually - but it had the desired effect the devs hoped for in that its "compel" factor was definitely >0. Ultimately the test stats will prove if they are effective or not.

In the end I'm glad I checked it out...skipping 4 releases and coming back made me appreciate all of the in-between improvements more.

I say bring future release testing exclusives on.

Lyran, Miracle Dragon and smack like this.
  3. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

This whole 'it's just a hat' slant is...wrong.

Its a cavalier hat, cavalier. It simply does not get more 'must have' then this. (except for the coconuts that you can use instead of a horse, these are more must have by far, but lets stay on topic).

Wearing this hat makes you look good.

If you look good while killing mobs and other players and rabbits, you are uhm, looking good and that matters, especially to bar maidens. Without this hat I refuse to play, well until I can log in and move and such.

I hope the next release I get frozen in has cavalier gloves, can't beat a decent pair of gloves.

Lyran, Miracle Dragon and robatzen like this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree with Dean in the OP.

5. Beli

Beli Avatar

Oh contrary. It does offer some protection. Damage Resistance 1 and no fizzle. :)

robatzen likes this.
  6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Now if this was old style UO where I could play a Mage, run around naked PKing people whilst wearing this hat.......I would agree with you.

Sadly you can't PK because everything is consensual, and you need armour.......I can't agree :(

robatzen likes this.
  7. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

This is just a typical case of "If I can't get it, no one should." In the words of skinned.......

8. abovenyquist

abovenyquist Avatar

I can see why you are annoyed, but let's put this into perspective.

It's a *hat*. With a feather in it.

We're talking about a hat.

Mata, sammakonkorvat, Arianna and 6 others like this.
  9. smack

smack Avatar

I thought I saw this hat going on eBay for $100. :p

Can't wait for the black market dealing in pre-release "rares'. Now excuse me while I log in with my 8 alts to collect 'em while R10 is still up. :D

In all seriousness, that market has already started. Anyone want to trade for a Cabinet of Virtue? I wonder what's worth more...

10. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

It's not actually. Where have I suggested that no-one else be allowed to claim it? It's a case of I can't get it because of factors that aren't my own and that's hardly fair. I literally cannot play this release, as per the previous ones, I'm starting to miss out on things I'm clearly eager to participate in.

Sure, let's start quantifying the individual experiences of other players. Classic example of the harsh elitism from pledgers we're seeing so often.

I'll remember this example the next time someone at a higher pledge level has an issue... as we've seen previously with housing and people at the dev level...

Caliya and Joviex like this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Not sure where the issue is landing. Unless you have contacted support and they told you that you will not get the item unless you complete the tast.

12. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

I did contact support and it'll take at up to 5 business days for a response, which is fair enough.

But my feedback regarding it still stands. It may not be a wise idea to impliment something like this, with the idea to encourage people to participate, when the participation may be impossible as a result of game bugs.

Could you imagine the uproar there'd be from half the pledgers in this thread, trying to quantify or dimiss the issue and feedback, if game bugs prevented them from reserving their housing or guild housing spots?

Joviex likes this.
  13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Seems to me that this is the purpose of getting people to log in. How long has issues like this been going on and how many have been unreported.

All of a sudden people want their hat start contacting support.

14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That comparison is a bit moot. The whole point of getting people to participate at this stage is precisely to find issues and fix them.

Gaelis likes this.
  15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Listen, if they don't give you a hat I will give you mine...it's just a hat.

16. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Look I think my tone is misinterpreted. I'm actually not upset or annoyed or angry. I'm a bit disappointed with some of rebukes, but the contention of my post is that it might be a bit rough to offer something that others who are eligible are finding themselves unable. Simple as that. My point was made for any event, whether the item is a hat or anything else. :)

But as I said, "it's just a hat" is irrelevant. It's not the apparent value of the item that is in question here. Because as I said earlier, if people are going to have that materialistic attitude; I can't wait for the day when the servers crash while people are trying to claim their housing spots and I can point out that "it's just a house"...

Caliya and Joviex like this.
  17. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

I think it is more disturbing that they have to "entice" people to test.

If you are already at the point of needing to get people to participate by offering vapid rewards, seems like you have a larger problem.

Caliya, Caska DiFumarate and smack like this.
  18. smack

smack Avatar

Well, at least they're addressing it and trying to keep the community engaged somehow. :)

We still have a very long journey ahead of us so why not reward active testers and entice those that are waiting in the background for more of a complete alpha/beta/game.

Arianna, Logain, Montaigne and 3 others like this.
  19. Vendetta

Vendetta Avatar

I'm pretty turned off by this topic, I must say.

Is this seriously where people put their priorities for MMO gaming now? Cavalier hats?

I'm sorry that some people are "missing out" and/or having technical troubles with the game, but it is an alpha. You also merit some responsibility to make sure you have a viable PC to handle what the game offers.

Beyond that, I don't understand why the devs shouldn't be allowed to put incentives into the test if they contribute some sense of a quest reward and fun. We are doing this game a favor by spending our time in their alpha and every one of us paid to do it. I'm a professional QA and I've tested a dozen game titles prior to this one on a non-professional basis. It certainly helped motivate me a little more considering I've "been there, done that" so many times over the years and decades.

That said, this is the first weekend I've really had time to play in the alpha. I'm sure I've missed out on something before now. I'm sure I won't get every reward this weekend that's available, too.

Such is life.

20. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

I cant believe we have 3 pages and lots of comments about a hat!!! I mean cmon...it s not a doombringer sword...it's just a hat...with or without it me and you can sleep the night...take it easy peeps...really take it easy....it is supposed to be a game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.