Don't loot my armor and you might just stimulate the economy!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gideon Thrax, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

I understand you don't believe the system is perfect either, but hear me out:

The handout doesn't even cover a single death... PER DAY. Meaning that (at 700-900g a death per handouts of 500g) a new player cannot die in PvP for an entire day in order to cover for his next death. As minimal as it may look, this is an insane barrier of entry for PvP.

PvP cannot sustain itself. Either because it can't pay for itself or it cannot draw in new players (because of that entry barrier).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Adam Crow likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

This isn't a first person shooter. That's the type of pvp you can just jump right in from day one and be competetive.

Even if it cost absolutely nothing to pvp, nobody wants to get killed by someone a much higher level than you.

What if there were pvp zones for beginners with a level limit and no bounties?

3. Gix

Gix Avatar

But at least you can shrug it off and keep PvPing... whereas what SotA pretty much pushes you out of PvP every chance it gets.

I've been more or less campaigning that Portalarium should adds PvP zones near starter locations with low level mobs inside. If this attracts PKers, it'll also attrack the PKKers.

Heck, if Arenas were more prevalent...

Adam Crow likes this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The ransom for armor isnt very high, maybe the ransom ammount is based on wieght? i dunno. But regs and stuff drop for far more than equipment does. theres never been a scenario where i wasnt able to afford paying an equipment ransom, but i have given up stacks of resources because the ransom was too high.

People want to wear pledge gear and "fix their inventory" so that they suffer no loss at all during PvP. Then you either get a trophy, or a couple hundred gold for killing them.

The only other reason i can think of is that these people jsut arent makign money, or are so hellbent on hoarding coin that the thought of losing it in a fight makes them sick, or they truely cant afford it. (Alot of folks have guild mates give them stuff for free or make it themselves)

Personally the only explenation i've heard from the horses mouth is "I dont wanna pay the bad guy"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.