Double xp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anticules, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

And I see no problem with that, its only if you want a monopoly and aren't prepared to compete on price and location that this is a problem.

So yes, we will have to agree to disagree :)

GrayFog likes this.
  2. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

That's only half of the story.
    But you are right, that's "now" another reason.

The wood prices were increasing already before the basements stuff, again mainly to increase your crafting pool with crafting.

3. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

So if you can obtain 30-40mil in two weekends for producer points... HOW?? I have never been able to get over 800k in a day mining / crafting in a single day. Proof's in the pudding and I have over 30 producer GM's as well doing it the hard way.. 500exp per click in Spectral mines

StarLord likes this.
  4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

I think i wrote how in this thread already a couple of times and a couple of minutes ago a few posts above.
    I don't really want to repeat myself over and over again :D

Oh and i have done it the hard way 6 or 7 month ago too.
    I am back now since umm 3 weeks and immediately realized how easy it is now to get producer XP.

Today for example i made 1.6 mil producer XP in 8 hours with tons of breaks due to work and not really paying attention to my crafting table.
    So even with an slacking effort (while working in RL) i could have made 4.8 mil XP in 24 hours during the x2 bonus weekends.
    Again, i even had tons of breaks in the 8 hours.

But even without the x2 bonus it would be still 800k or 2.4 mil XP in 24 hours which is still quite decent considering i was actually working and not really playing to make sure to always click on "craft" button as soon i am done with the 20 batch craft.

So it is absoletly no problem to get 6mil+ producer XP / day on the x2 weekends.
    Or 3mil+ producer XP / day on normal weekends, which is still decent.

Sorry but, i am in no way wildly telling stuff here or throwing random numbers arround.

Everyone, try it for yourself, seriously please.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  5. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Nice solution, EXCEPT many players that are crafters want to just craft, you are now forcing them to quest. This type of thing in a sandbox i think needs to be discouraged. In a sandbox should you be able to play the way you want to play and still be competive.

Regards
    Spung

6. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Which is cool, would be boring anyway if everyone would agree with everything and everyone else :D

Witcheypoo likes this.
  7. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

How can you afford that? Ingredients for the deadly poison cost 100 igg (maybe a little less if you get them from a vendor). If you get 1K XP for the potion (do not remember) you would need 600K igg (if you sell the potion you will get 72 igg back, so total cost is down to 168K, still too much). Catapults should be even more costly.
    The adventurer XP on the other hand will give you igg + loot.

8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

OK... I'll quote you again so you can see what you wrote. I am not trying to anger you. Just hear me out.

Here's what you said:

It's math. You actually said word for word that it takes you "several weeks before" to do something that you can do in a day with the double XP events. Several weeks is likely considered somewhere in the neighborhood of 21 to 28 days. How does this add up? I do not know what I am talking about? It is 2x. Not 20X XP.

Also, this really needs to be mentioned here:
    You say go and "craft deadly poison pots the whole day or catapults." Although this is wonderful advice for someone who wants to know a quick way to gain levels once they have acquired literally thousands of logs of wood or, again, thousands of the mats needed for the deadly poison potions, this is really exaggerating things because of the time it takes to acquire either the gold it takes to buy all of these materials, or the time it takes to acquire the mats themselves via harvesting/hunting, etc. This can not be ignored.

Please do not tell people I don't know what I am talking about. This is many hundreds of hours playing to gather or purchase all of this stuff. Although you CAN make 6 million XP crafting these in a day, I think you're being a little unfair by shrugging off the time it takes to be ABLE to do something like this all day long.

I am not being unreasonable, or rude here... I am just pointing out that it is not even close to as simple as you make it seem. You're telling everyone how you hate double XP, and then backing that up with things that are simply not true. This is not my opinion. I am stating facts here. It takes a very long time to be able to gather the things that allow you to be able to do what you're saying. I know that I am talking about. Pointing out where someone is exaggerating something does not mean we have to go to war, man!

9. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Catapults are extremly costly but give even more xp than the potions and in the end you actually even make a loss in igg.

I switched to deadly poison pots because you even make a little bit profit if you also plant Nightshade with agriculture.
    I have two town lots i only use for planting nightshade seeds.

So i still make decent producer XP but also have a small income. So i don't loose any igg at all :D

10. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Please stop putting random words in my mouth.

In no way ever in this thread i said "i hate double xp".
    I even agreed a couple of times by now to make the change permanent.

It is the x2 bonus, plus the changes to how you gain crafting xp while crafting that makes gaining producer xp so easy now.
    Before all theese changes it took you several weeks in mines to get somewhat close to 6mil producer xp.
    Ok maybe i was not clear enough there before, sorry for that.

Just start small, planting 1 village lot with only Nightshade a whole week already does help a lot.
    Ofc. you need some starting capital for all the other stuff, that was never in discussion.
    What new players can do and what not is another story and was not really the main topic in my posts.
    I was just pointing out what can be done nowadays for producer xp.

Nikko, i don't want to go into war with you or anyone either, not at all!
    But saying my things are not true is just showing me that you have never even done what i am talking about here all the time.

11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Deadly poison

Normal xp - 150 xp
    Exceptional xp - 750 xp

720 cycles / 1 hour = 216k xp /1 hour - (with 25% exceptionals) -.... that results in 432k xp/hour during 2 x with an average of 7200 nightshade used ....to get 6 mil /day you gotta craft at least 14 hours /day and have ready least 100k nightshade .... to get to 18 mil xp in 3 days you must craft at least 42 hours out of 72h and must have at the ready 300k nightshade which will also need 100k empty flasks that need to be bought from npc 100 at a time ( which is probably 2-3 hours spent only at npc buying flasks) . To get 300k nightshades you gotta invest in deeds ..seeds ..water...ALOT of time spent farming...planting watering harvesting .... assuming you do all this before double xp is on thats 4 days of work ... The industry alone for such a production costs quite alot ( in the 5 mil + gold)..i dont see this as something all new players do.... the crafting of wolf and bear heads is alot more xp then the pots...much better yield way less work..just buy them or stockpile them when adventuring.

You make it sound easy and its really NOT.

Might be some errors in my math ( not by much though) its a rough estimate ...

Malimn, Dhanas, Nikko and 6 others like this.
  12. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

perfect, yeah thanks.

Ofc. that's nothing for "new players" and yeah i made it sound way too easy, agreed.

Again thanks for putting up the math, wonderful!

But it is still worth it with just 1 town lot.
    And you don't loose any igg at all when selling the deadly poisons to the right npc vendor ;)

Wolf and bear heads are also great, true.
    But if you only want to craft and once you have a town lot or two for planting seeds you are in an good position and you will rarely run out of nightshade because you are prolly not gonna craft every weekend day for 24 hours straight :D
    Well and getting on tons of wolf and bear heads isn't really that easy atm.

13. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

1 town lot is roughly 750 planting beds that means 4 days of production before 2 x XP basically 2 cycles = 1500 x 15 plants = 22.5k plants which = 3 hours of crafting during 2 x xp =1.2 mil craft xp assuming you squeeze in one more cycle during craft xp you will manage 1.8 mil craft xp with 1 town lot ... if you put up greenhouses double the results for the xp obtained .... its nowwhere near 18 mil.... more like 3-4 mil xp in 3 days of bonus xp.

Nikko and GrayFog like this.
  14. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

800 planting beds.
    In one week including weekends i make close to 50k nightshade with 1 town lot.

Anyways, i mentioned the 1 town lot example because it is still worth it.
    Ofc. you don't make 18 mil xp with just 1 town lot lol :D

So yeah, with 1 town lot it is 3-4 mil xp in 1 day (roughly 8 hours crafting) on the x2 weekends.
    Still decent.

Now add another town lot and you get to 6-8 mil in about 16 hours in 1 day.

Planting seeds, watering, buying stuff etc. is really not a lot of work imo. But ofc. it adds up and eats some time too. But it really isn't that bad.

The end result is, you need 6 town lots to fully make use of the 3 days at the x2 weekend.
    But again, that's only for extreme people and not really needed at all, you are already good to go with just 2 town lots imo.

15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I cant get past this since its to gross of an exaggeration. Im only adv lvl 111 and Im higher then 99% of the people I run into while doing UT. As a casual Im sure Im also putting more time in then 99% of casuals. Even with 2x XP it would probably take me another year to reach what some people made (120) in the first 3 months after persistence.

I think 2x xp should be the norm and then bonus 2x xp over that. Then I may feel like I am making progress in the game.

16. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Well i understand where you are coming from.

I am ADV level 102 and i am quite happy *shrugs*, i will get to 120 soon enough.

17. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well,
    do you know why I started to craft in SotA?
    No joke: because there weren't enough quests to do *g*
    So who is forcing whom? ;)
    I don't think that's the whole truth.

You also could say, many who want to just craft are forced to fight against -whatever- ...
    ... well, was it ever intended to just get a job in this dangerous world without ever fighting?
    I don't think so - may be we will get places with the new land masses to do so? ;)

To be "competitive" is all about our own expectations - nothing else ;)

I am just playing to have fun. I don't define my fun factor and goals while watching what others can do or are doing.
    I have no concerns about that. They invested their time they could spend, I am investing my time I can spend.

It's a matter of fact, people who can invest more can do things faster, what mustn't mean they enjoy(ed) it more ;)
    And why should it be possible for a new player to reach the same Adv.level and skills, someone reached after 2 years, in a shorter time?

If I don't like the idea of making progress and can't enjoy it, I should buy an Avatar at Adv.lvl. 100 (or whatever I am expecting, what this game should provide me!)
    May be @Chris, @DarkStarr can arrange it to sell +5, +10, +15, +20 Adv.lvl upgrade for $50, $100, $150, $200???
    To make people faster more "competetive"? ;)
    Would it make the game better? For a few people, may be.
    Would they be bored faster? For sure. What if you can manage all high end enemies after a very short time. What next?
    If you are "competitive" with the whole world? I assume this will be the beginning of a very boring time ;)

That's what GrayFog was writing about, I suppose ...

GrayFog likes this.
  18. Kazar McKillin

Kazar McKillin Avatar

Whats your producer level?

19. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Then what if... 2xp only worked up to level 80? (or 100 or WTFE)
    What if... 2xp was suppressed for 24 hours when attenuation kicked in? (that one would be fun)

FWIW, AL91 PL85, been playing since before persistence.

mass likes this.
  20. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Hmm, some exaggeration going on here ? a x2 xp bonus allowing 6m xp in one day (and that would be one hell of a day, but I'm not going to debate that...) then logically without x2 xp bonus 6m would be doable in 2 days not weeks....

Mishikal and Nikko like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.