Dropped Items in Lots Should Default to Co-Owner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Hello,

I just built a Guild Chapter House in Port Graff and I am finding that I have to set every single item I drop in the house as co-owner that I don't want to be taken. We have a great guild, however it's open recruitment.

You know how easy it is to move an object you meant to just interact with? How about the times you don't even realize you've moved it? When that happens the item automatically goes back to Kindred and not Co-Owner. I left a teletype open for taking for two days before I realized I had accidentally moved it when using it.

I think ALL items regardless of how the house is set up should default to Co-owner. The way it is now is just backwards. And please don't tell me I can lock each item down. I have 1000s of items.

The way it is now is completely backwards.

2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I think you can set the default permissions on your property.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think that setting your house to "guild chapter house" should automatically give guild members guest permission and not kindred permission. Either that or kindred should not be allowed to decorate.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

There is an option in the permissions menu that allows you to set a default permission for Moving items. With that said, I know exactly what you mean. I noticed that some of my items were set to Kindred, and I did not set them like that. I think when they implemented room rentals it got changed. I agree, Co-Owner should be the default for placing items.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, I also had to change my defaults again after the tenant system was implemented.

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Good to know. I better check too.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

[​IMG]
    THANK YOU!!!

Sorthious likes this.
  8. stile

stile Avatar

After you place an item, right click on it, and at the bottom where it says "Default permissions", set what you want. Then every time you place an item, that will be the permission you use. Want to change your default? you can do so at any time you want, but you only have to change your defaults one, so that everything you drop gets placed that way.

this allows every player to define their own permissions for their needs rather than forcing anyone to a particular default.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  9. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

I think they should change, if they can, the click and hold time to move or the distance the mouse moves while holding before attempting to move an item. I often go to open a bag or something, accidentally move the mouse 1 pixel and the game wants to move it on me. I would use 'E', but sometimes I'll have multiple containers open, and you know what happens then.
    Is there a shortcut key to turn on and off deco mode?

10. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

As did I. I also had to go around and reset the permissions on the items I've placed since the changes. A bit annoying as I move things around all the time. :eek:

Barugon likes this.
  11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Also, make sure you are aware that the first lot permission setting is "When to apply settings". This allows you to pick when a default permission is changed (either when "Placing new items" or "Moving or Placing new items"). The 1st option will require you to pick something up, put into inventory, then place it again for permissions to change... the 2nd option will let you change an objects permission by simply moving it on the lot.

If you choose the 1st option, then everything on the lot already won't be affected by your permissions change until you pick it up, put it in your backpack, and then place it again, even if you move it around.

If you choose the 2nd option, then everything on the lot already won't be affected by your permissions change until you move it around on the lot.

Basically, what I'm trying to explain here is that when you change the default lot permissions, it only affects things that you have not placed yet, or until you move something around. The default setting is not retroactive for items previously placed. So, if you are changing permissions to protect things from being taken by Kindred/Guests, make sure you move them around or replace them (depending on which option you picked) so that the permissions for those objects can get changed.

If you have it set to "move or place", and you move an object around, you will see something like this appear underneath the object:
    Kindred
    \/ (The arrow here would be centered... forum post won't allow it with just spacing).
    Co-Owner

That will show you that the permissions for that object are changing from the top one to the bottom one.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Sorthious and Wintermute of CoF like this.
  12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

mine have forever :)

I set the default as such :)

13. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

There is an Option in the Control tab of the Options menu called 'Toggle Deco Mode' that allows you to turn on/off the ability to Move items. Unfortunately, it doesn't turn off the ability to Place items. This causes minor issues when you want to drag something from a container onto your avatar, which normally would put the item in your inventory, but instead will Place the item on the ground. Hope that helps! (^8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.