Dual Monitor Set up

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by MagiK, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but is anyone running dual monitors? Im running a G-Sync 34" Asus Monitor and a Dell 30" montior...the game always launces in my secondary monitor (the Dell) instead of the primary (and gaming) Asus montior It is the only game of hundreds that does this. Thoughts?

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  2. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Yes I do and its QUITE annoying, my larger monitor is Primary however the game always launches on my smaller monitor. I have never had this happen but hope its resolved soon.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This seems to be an issue with some other unity games as well. Since I play in windowed mode, I just move the screen over to the monitor I want to use.

If both of your monitors use the same cable (e.g., HDMI or DVI), try swap the cable and rearrange the monitor. See if that helps.

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I run three monitors. For several release I've had to run in Full Screen Windowed mode so I could move the game to my central monitor. I've reported the bug several times, but it seems to only want to launch on my "Boot" monitor.

5. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

glad Im not alone, both monitors are Display Port and Ive tried switching the cables, my large monitor is primary and listed as "1" switching around did not help. Guess Ill have to rry windowed mode but I generally dont like to do that with an ultra wide 21:9 monitor.

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes... having the game boot on my Portrait orientation 24" to the left of my Landscape 40" is annoying, and I'd like to be able to run in borderless windowed mode. It's a minor annoyance, but there are many more pressing issues.

7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I run three monitors and let me just saw...AWESOME SAUCE!!!! ASUS 27" with one (!) R9 280x AMD card. I really want to upgrade the card. I would get two but the newer ones are so wide that my motherboard (a Crossfire V Formula-Z) may not be able to sit two cards comfortably.

8. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Same here with 3 monitors. SotA don't want to remember my preferred monitor...it's somewhat annoying but doable. Hopefully there will be an option soon to choose the preferred monitor when using more than one... @Chris ?

9. Epiphany

Epiphany Avatar

On Windows 8 I have the same problem, what I have done to fix it when playing in Borderless Window Mode is press: Windows Key + Shift + Right arrow to swap it onto my main monitor. (Obviously use Left arrow if your monitor is in that direction). A bit of a pain but at least this way I am not stuck playing in Bordered Window mode ;)

10. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

I used to run Windows 7 and the game would launch in the middle of both monitors, half on each screen. I assume they fixed this problem because I'm not experiencing it anymore, but it may have just been an update to Windows 10 which helped

11. pciet

pciet Avatar

Which operating system are you playing Shroud of the Avatar with? Windows, MacOS (formerly OS X), Ubuntu, SteamOS?

Gnome 3 with SteamOS (this is Desktop Mode in SteamOS, I launch Steam from a terminal GUI program by calling steam) let's me hit the Windows key on my keyboard and just move the Shroud of the Avatar window to another monitor. It could be better (I've had jagged artifacts from the Steam window, and there are two separate installs for the SteamOS applications - maybe just prerelease work) but dual monitor windowing is working at an AA for me.

Due to graphics and processor constraints I play on one monitor, and anyway two of these monitors is tough with the wide bezels and want for speaker space.

2011 Intel/Nvidia ATX SteamOS 2-1920x1200-DVI

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.