1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Dungeon signs

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Isabel Ayin, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

That, dungeon signs. Perhaps the stone crypt icon could be used for the symbol?

[​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I *think* what you are requesting, is possibly an item we could place down in our POT (or lot), that shows an icon in the compass and map, that has the look of a dungeon icon, and displays the text Dungeon?

THAT is something I really really really would like to see. And would be a significantly helpful way for any player to locate dungeons while within a POT. These could possibly not be a "discovered" point of interest marker, and would always display in the compass and map, if the object is placed. No idea if you even currently have tech that could even do that though, and/or if this would have any effect on a scenes performance.

I'm fairly certain the are talking about a new Sign, with a dungeon symbol. I was however thinking of something new.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    Isabel Ayin and Tirrag like this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Why should dungeons not be discovered but known from the entering of a new town? Either discover / stumble over it while exploríng the new town / zone or get a hint by a quest giver
    (Innkeeper after ordering a beer "Have you heard that ol´ MacDonals up at the river spring has problems with rats in his cellar? Said that they were larger than a horse, did he. Well, he does buy a full jug of Whiskey each week from me, so perhaps he exaggerates a bit..."

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

...or she could just mean a dungeon symbol for store and crafted signs, like the other location symbols

[​IMG]

Isabel Ayin, FrostII and Anpu like this.
  5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

How would you discriminate that sign to mean "Dungeon" (as in obsolete term for jail/prison which some towns do have), "Dungeon" as in explorable ruins or tunnels with treasure and "Cages, Slaves and more" to be used by Satyr slavers and cage crafters?

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is a pic of the currently-existing prison symbol.

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  7. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Indeed, @Anpu , I mean a new sign. Your idea is also very good but that would entail placing new objects in the POT, where spaces for decoration are limited. Precisely, and thinking about the dungeons, I was thinking of asking that the governors could point out points of interest in our POTs, whether they were discoverable, or that they were always shown on the map, as you say. But I imagine that must be complicated to implement.

Because to discover the dungeons you must visit the houses of the players, and I think that not many people do that (I do, I love to browse the decoration of all the houses where I can enter), and because few players place NPCs that have a conversation and because in SotA there are people of all languages and (using myself as an example) if I run into an NPC who speaks to me in English, I just shrug and continue on my way. We can copy the text of the game missions, but we can't copy the text of the players conversationalist to take it to a translator. However, I agree that it is much more fun to discover the sites on your own, I have made my previous reflection thinking of facilitating the path for more players.

Anpu likes this.
  8. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

There is the / translate command for the chat window. If I say Good day. to you in english you would type / translate and it would probably become: ?Buenos Tardes!

9. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I gather that you don't need to use the /translate command very often. /translate translates what's in the game's chat windows, but not the windows of the players' conversationalist NPCs. To do this, you need to use the command /copy (number of lines) in the /U window (or in the window where the conversationalist conversation appears) and then paste it into the translator, once you have left your conversation with it.

The implementation of the /translate command was a wonderful thing. I was very heavy with the question of languages until they put it on and probably one of the most grateful for it and one of the most used, but it is not a perfect system. I imagine that it is very complicated in a game like this, with so much interaction and so many elements.

In any case, we are getting off topic.
    By the way, if you said "Good day" to me, /translate should say "Buen día" to me :D

Anpu likes this.
  10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

oops, tardes is afternoon... However, wait a moment - Good Day would then be Buenos Dias! and "Buen dia" more a farewell...

11. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Yeah :)

12. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

This idea is going to Dev review. Once we go over the concept and implementation in our next team meeting, and it is approved; a task number will be assigned.

13. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar