Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dyeing Problems with Great Knight's Tent

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Bedawyn, Sep 21, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

09/21/2019 15:01
    Title: Dyeing Problems with Great Knight's Tent
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No.

Details:

The Great Knight's Tent is dyeable, but only the accent colors, not the main fabric. There are three usability issues here:

(1) In the dyeing preview window, the image of the tent does not appear centered, but so low on the window that the accent-color borders are hidden by the "do you want to dye" dialogue box. This makes the preview almost useless, because you can't see what you're trying to dye. Because the decorative borders are themselves low on the tent, even rotating the image can only give you a tiny glimpse at what the dyeing result would look like.

(2) The secondary and primary colors are reversed. The color that's only used on the thinner low border is labeled as the primary, while the color that appears as the thicker low border and all around the top (and is thus the first color that catches your eye) is labeled as the secondary.

(3) The dye doesn't consistently cover the original color adequately. Some dye colors work, others show the original color still bleeding through in either unsightly patches or in a "shadow" around the dyed color. For instance, blue dye on the labeled-primary color shows a clear red border around the blue border, offset by several pixels, while blue dye on the labeled-secondary color shows as blue mixed with green patches. (And yes, I've tested this on both low and high graphics settings.)

Low priority issues, but since Chris said y'all are going to spend more time on polish soon...

On another note, while testing whether the tent had enough room inside to not only place a bed but lie down in it, I ran into all sorts of pathing problems. Most have more to do with the bed than the tent. However, on one occasion I was able to enter the bed, but after the avatar had walked THROUGH the side of the tent and turned around to enter the bed. On another, she got stuck inside the fabric of the tent and remained so after re-logging.

Steps to Reproduce: Try to dye the Great Knight's Tent

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.QA.Win.64.872.Date.09.20.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Fallin' Green
    Area Display Name: Fallin' Green
    Loc: (-16.2, 38.0, 283.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxGYWxsaW4nIEdyZWVufCgtMTYuMjM3LCAzNy45OTcsIDI4My4wMTgpfCgwLCAwLjcwOSwgMCwgLTAuNzA1KXwyMDYyLjY4OHw2NC4xMDY5NHwxLjI1

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

those preview windows can be zoomed with the scroll wheel. they also scale the object if you drag-resize the window.

Jaesun and Bedawyn like this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Hmm. I don't have a scroll wheel, and it doesn't respond to the keypad buttons that I use for normal scroll-wheel functions. I started to say resizing the window wouldn't help because the bottom would still be at the bottom, but strangely, dragging the window out to huge, then shrinking it again actually did move the image further towards the center, so that the bottom of the tent becomes visible.

Still, those manipulations wouldn't be necessary if the image was centered in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.