Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dyes and cloth wearables: this summer's hit romantic comedy!

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by Jack Knyfe, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Statements of fact:

The Epic Cloth Hood (helm) primary dye field only adds a tint to the existing dark blue. It is impossible to dye this item a true color.

The Epic Cloth Gloves cannot be dyed.

The Augmented Cloth armor cannot be dyed a true color, either, because of the dark Triscuit(TM)-y nature of the base cloth. Additionally, I found that it did not matter which blue dye I used (Dark, normal, Light), the color output was the same.

Sara Dreygon and Lazarus Long like this.
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I'd toss this over to the bug forum... I remember someone saying that they could not dye something white because of the "base" color was too dark and there was some discussion over whether this was a bug or not... I believe it definitely is. I posted about my bodice set not being able to be dyed purple because the base color of the bodice was too dark.

If I buy pure white dye in the add-on store, I'd like some assurance that it would dye something like the Epic Cloth Helm that it would make it pure white in color and not slightly lighter blue in color.

3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

What about having a white version of all clothes? The wedding dress dyes beautifully to any color you want because the base color is white.

Because I cannot dye some clothes the color I want them (see any dark colored outfit) then why would I spend money buying them. A white version I'd buy because I know it would dye nicely.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  4. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Additional observed bugs:

I have a set of carapacian epic cloth, which is the default blue, with the yellow trim areas dyed light blue (well, except for the gloves, see above).

I crafted 14 sets of cotton epic cloth, and dyed seven sets white-on-black, and seven sets black-on-white.

After demo-ing the suits for the person who asked for them, I put my original armor back on, to find it was dyed the same color as the last thing I wore.

Logging out and back in did not fix it. Zoning to another location did not fix it. Quitting the game entirely, waiting for five minutes, and logging back in DID fix the issue.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.