Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dying for seemingly no reason

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I have died several times today in North Midmaer Way, while fighting reapers. The first time, I was standing on a rock waiting for a respawn. The only buffs/effects I had going on were some obsidian potions (guidance, capacity, expedience, preservation, and reclamation) blessing of sacrifice, blessing of honor, nightvision, and air's embrace. It's possible my health was low and the -3 combat health from berserker stance (or -1. 5, since the blessing of sacrifice is +1.5 combat health) did it. But there was no low health indicator. I just suddenly died. Chat log shows "Cora Cuz'avich was slain by Cora Cuz'avich."

Second time, I was fighting the reaper, and it hit me for 87 damage, and I died. Again, I don't know what my health was, but there was no low health indicator. (I checked the settings, it's not turned off.) Same buffs as before, plus possibly sprint. At full health, I'm around 550 hp, and I wasn't it the fight nearly long enough for -1.5 health per second to have lowered it enough that an 87 point hit would have killed me. The repaer hadn't hit me at all prior to that, so my health was probably around 450 or so.

Third time was a few minutes ago. I had just started a fight with the reaper, and was firing arrows. It didn't hit me, it was actually a ways a way, coming toward me. While once in a while it will suddenly take a swipe and hit me from really far away, there was no attack animation. I just suddenly died. Health was around 500. Chat log again showed "Cora Cuz'avich was slain by Cora Cuz'avich."

4/21/2018 8:19 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Random?
    Blocker? Sort of.
    Details: See above
    Steps to Reproduce: Unsure
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-9370 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 32734
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series GPU RAM: 4076
    SotA.Win.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: Novia_R3_Forest01_Road
    Area Display Name: North Midmaer Way
    Loc: (-143.8, 50.9, -207.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHx8KC0xNDMuODE5LCA1MC44NzksIC0yMDcuMjI5KXwoMCwgLTAuMjA4LCAwLCAtMC45NzgpfDE4MjQuMTMzfDIwLjQ0NjAzfDYuOTk2MzY5

Rentier likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Just happened again. I was using food this time, so I was not losing health due to Berserker's Stance. At full health, ~660 hp. Reaper bit me, did 134 damage, and I died.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

And again. This time, it was the ending from Rocky 2. I hit killed the reaper the same moment it killed. I was at near full health, and it only did 4 pts of damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.