Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dynamic PoT NPC's and Vendors

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by WrathPhoenix, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Okay to be immediately clear, this is more a feedback thing, but it is so very wonky that it is borderline on the "bug" side of things. I was waiting until I looked through them a bit.

The Long and Short of it - It's great we have PoT vendors and npcs placable now... yay! However the current iteration is strange at best. At worst its outright broken for a few merchants.
    • Pet Vendors - sells no pets... instead, sells a Hoe? Okie dokie then.
    • Combat vendor & weapon vendors - ONLY sell bludgeon weapons? X.x NO other type of weapon at all?
    • Combat vendors - shouldnt this guy probably sell the repair kits and arrows IE more "Neutral" and inclusive vendor type?
    • Some armor options not availible?
    • No general stores? Book Sellers? Alchemists?
    • What about npcs to recruit hirelings when that comes?
    I know these things are forthcoming soon enough, but i'd like to know the thought behind this.

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

It's not just me!

Perhaps this is one of those things waiting for the back-end work being done on crafting to finish up.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Good feedback, but I think this falls under the category of "yep, there's a lot of stuff to be done still". I'd love to hear more about shrines for example. :)

4. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Yeah, thats what i am thinking Kvow. It's all a waiting game and we know itll be tweaked but its our job in pre alpha to give feedback so that's what i do :) Although even wi th all that said, there are some merchants they just did not think of yet nor mention that are typically STAPLES of rpg merchants... such as general stores? Book stores? I mean yeesh!

5. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i'll bet a gold piece they are waiting to implement prostitution, so they can have the pimp vendor... uh...i mean mercenary vendor for combat companions...yeah.

hm.. speaking of borderline vendors, how about a parts vendor for the cannibalism that we all know @RichardGarriott will force into the game. officially, sell faun parts, but have a special list you can get onto, by selling him a human part (via pvp trophies)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.