Dynamic skills question

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Ysold, Jun 6, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hoi folks,

I had 1 dynamic slot on my skills bar with 4 skills (5/5) in it. One of those skills was always there for me to use.
    Now I added a second dynamic slot with 3 skills (4/4 and 5/5). And the result is that often there is no skills ready to use in my first dynamic slot. How come? And how can I fix it?

Thanks,
    Ysold.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Kelly O'Shay likes this.
  2. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

A video would be helpful, how many glyphs in the deck total, if too few you'll draw slugs. Is that what you mean by no skill ready to use?

Ysold and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

To add to Vesper, sometimes, you can also get what is called a "dead draw". Like a deck of cards, you draw glyphs. If that glyph is one that can't go anywhere because there is already a glyph in its allowed slot, it will act as a dead draw, waste some time and then go back into your deck, then you draw a new one, and if it's the same glyph, you might be dead drawing over and over again.

FBohler and Ysold like this.
  4. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

I double-checked my deck - no slugs, no dead draws.
    34 Glyphs in deck

Dynamic Slot 1: Skewer (5/5), Spinning attack(5/5), Puncture(5/5), Leg Sweep (5/5)
    Dynamic Slot 2: Death Touch (5/5), Death Ray (5/5), Death Field (4/4)

All other slots are fixed.

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Then you are possibly just drawing death glyphs all in a row.

Follow up question, are you constantly spamming glyphs as they show up? If so, why separate the death from the polearms? If not, you are probably getting dead draws, but this isn't your issue anyways.

What is happening is that all the glyphs you put in your deck all draw from the same deck, by separating them into Slot 1 and Slot 2, you aren't giving yourself 2 different decks to pull from, you are just saying "If I draw a polearm glyph, place it in slot 1, if I draw a Death glyph, place it in slot 2". If you draw 15 death glyphs in a row, nothing will go in your slot 1 for 15 draws in a row. If you are spamming every single glyph as it shows up, just remove your directions, leave the slots "open" with the "any glyph" tag, and that will give you 2 slots to spam from.

6. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Ahhh now I understand!
    I separated the glyphs because the polearms are my attacks and the death glyphs my heals. But if it works like this, I'm indeed better off with 2 slots open for all glyphs.

Thanks a bunch!

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

And even though you consider death as heals, they're still attacks. Spam them all

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

At normal draw speed, the polearm glyphs alone are enough to spam continuously. Assuming that those do more damage for you on average than your death skills, you could just use all polearm in the dynamic slots and then hit a locked death skill when your life is low and the near death bonus on your death skills is high. (if you can do it without dying that is)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Ysold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.