Earn titles by and for role playing

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by dragon8u, Dec 29, 2013.

?

Is Earn titles by and for role playing a good idea?

1. Yes

46.2%
  2. No

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Unique as reserved to people who performed the deed of pledging at a certain level and/or at a certain time. The titles were a reward people paid for, and were told would be unique to that purpose. As such, if a title has been reserved it would not be available to anyone else.

2. Margard

Margard Avatar

I saw a post in another similar thread ... possibly what adds uniqueness to the title is the "gold" lettering not the title itself ... not sure how that makes people feel ... specially those that gave money for the exclusive use of mentioned titles

3. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Sounds like a good reason to have a "Hangout of the Avatar" to ask some questions.....

4. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I believe the color or display was discussed to determine between Founder and Benefactor, but I am not sure they have decided how to handle it. However, the description of the pledges indicate the title is unique; not the depiction of the title.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  5. Margard

Margard Avatar

If it is not settled ... the sooner the better; maybe a list of possible new titles is in order as well

dragon8u likes this.
  6. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

It was settled already, a bit after kickstarter ended here are the results of the discussion we had:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=24856

"we leaned towards reserving it exclusively for our Early Founders"

My interpretation throughout the discussions was titles are exclusive to the backers/early founders. Otherwise there was no need to debate/change titles for the benefactors.

Umbrae and Lord Gréagóir like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

They is my understanding too. My focus was to get the collectors physical box level until I read about the titles being exclusive. If I could of gotten the titles later in game it would of weighed on my decision to upgrade my pledge level twice.

8. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Hi Sargon – it was brought to our attention on the forum thread about titles (by Hakadek) that “…Lord itself is not actually a rank, but a generic reference to members of the peerage. A Baron is most likely to use the title ‘Lord’ rather than ‘Baron’.” Further research on Wikipedia confirmed this. We failed to take this into account when we named the “Lord” and “Baron” tiers during the Kickstarter campaign. We believe it is important to allow backers to select titles that correctly reflect peerage ranking, thus we added the “Baron” and “High Baron” titles to the Lord Tier, and also added the “Count,” “Viscount,” and “Earl” titles to the Baron/Baron 2 Tiers. “Count/Viscount/Earl” are all higher titles, officially, than “Baron/High Baron”. Early backers will have access to all the titles, old and new, so they can select whichever titles they prefer. No matter which title they select, all early backers will see their titles displayed in-game in gold colored font. We apologize for any confusion these title adjustments may cause! -Dallas

9. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

Yes, this was my point. I wish I didn't fudge my grammar in my post that you quoted, This happens to my late at night.

10. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

Will there be roleplay tilts in a color other than Gold?

11. dragon8u

dragon8u Avatar

I posted some suggestions in the Starch stretch Goals thread a day ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.