Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Earth Elemental drops

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Lifedragn, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

More of suggestion for immersion, but it might be cool if Earth Elementals dropped ore/gem fragments themed to the room they are guarding. Elysium mines would drop silver ore and diamond/onyx. Graff would be Gold ore at the bottom. Serpent's Spine would be iron, if I recall correctly. Earth elementals not 'guarding' any specific kind of ore would simply be granite. Would be far more realistic than pre-minted gold coins.

Water elementals could drop black pearl/serpeant scale reagents and types of fish.

Fire already has a chance at ash, but not sure what else to give it. Air elemental I would be at a loss for.

Rada Torment, yinki and Spoon like this.
  2. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I never see Elementals mining the earth for ore, but I do see them "mining" miners. So it makes sense to me that they would
    be carrying gold coins and sometimes equipment, artifacts and anything else they might happen to find on anyone who
    adventures into these areas.

3. Gix

Gix Avatar

@Hermetic It's more about the elementals BEING a part of their environment more than anything else. If the elemental was summoned in a iron mine, it would make sense that it'd be formed with some iron within it.

As much as I like (and would rather) looting gold coins, it would make sense if they didn't have coins at all.

4. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I disagree that "it doesn't make sense". I showed just one way in which it could make perfect sense.
    Some may not like it; e.g. some may prefer this game was more like UO. That doesn't mean that
    this game doesn't have its own internal logic to things like this, which one may just have to play to
    discover for themselves.

5. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Gix had the essence of the suggestion. The elementals are rather Part Of and Formed Of the environment. This seems to be the case given the regions and areas in which they are often located. Earth elementals largely being below ground and fire elementals showing up near magma pools.

The elementals looting miners would make more sense if they had random pieces of gear, food, etc as well. But that implies that the elementals would see value in picking those things up, which spawns a number of other questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.