Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Earth Elemental holds back healing

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Jace3, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

Today I cast Earth Elemental for the first time. What I noticed from having one is that my healing was almost noneffective. Each time I cast heal after a battle my bar would only move 1 or 2 points with the Elemental. Without the elemental I could see the bar visibly move the number of points the chat said I healed.

2. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

You have to target yourself for some reason (F1). I've noticed that too. If the earth elemental is out it seems my healing gets directed at him instead of me. But by setting the target to me it redirects to me instead. This seems backwards.

Cally likes this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yeah, is is sort of backwards.. by default, your heal is targeted to your reticle target, and you have to select yourself (F1, but I prefer to hold ALT to do this).. I think they leave it like this for group healing to be 'easier'.. too bad there's more solo healing than group healing. This should be a user-configurable choice.

cartodude likes this.
  4. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

As they denoted, you auto-target pets/party members over yourself by default. Face away from the elemental and fire a healing ray and you will heal yourself. You auto-turn towards your pet with healing touch rendering it quite useless in those situations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.