Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Earth Elementals in Lower Mines - bad paths

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by macnlos, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

This has to have been reported but just in case...

I've just got to the point where I can solo the lower level of mines like Ardantis and Elysium. When you get down to level 2 & 3 where the Earth Eles are, they have really poor pathing to approach the player. I can hop from ledge to ledge around the water it cause them to take really long paths to get back to me and as an archer I can snipe them while they are taking their long sweet time.

Now I have been a good player and typically just hitting them and dealing with them toe to toe. But I can certainly use their bad pathing and the environment to make it near impossible for them to ever touch me. While this would be good for me as a solo player, it is definitely something can be exploited.

2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Thanks for the report, @macnlos. I will submit this issue to the team for review.

3. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I don't see any problems with that as ALL melee npc take the path that is scripted for them, means as eart ele do not jump, they go all along the ledges...and I don't see any exploit as you have to fight them, if they reach you or you get them finished before they reach you.

4. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

A tactic, like killing a Troll is different. You know that a Troll will throw a boulder if you are far away so you stand close to him. You know that when you stand close to him that he will try to stomp you. So you try to stay close and stay behind him as he turns.

A tactic, like kill the Lich King is different. I kill out the skeletons in the room first and I'm left with the Lich. He is a pure melee character so as Archer I constantly move and shoot while he follows.

The pathing for these Earth Elementals is incorrect. It creates a situation where it is near impossible for them to touch you. And by taking advantage of that situation, may be taken as an exploit. I think you hit the nail on the head, their coding does not allow them to jump and this causes the situation with the path.

In the end, I think I did the right thing by pointing it out and letting them comeback and tell us whether they consider it an exploit or not. In the end, it's their answer that really matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.