Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Eating food and the new light spell effect

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Ao Soliwilos, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

It would be nice if the actual food you're eating would be held in your hands during the animation. Just having your hands weirdly scooped up near your face, even far from your mouth seems just strange. It looks like you're eating this big invisible thing.

I have taken some time to look at the new light spell's appearance and I think it needs a little tweaking. It's pretty clear that it's simply the old light spell appearance with the new effect tacked on top of it.. Well, that's just it, their styles clash somewhat and does not look like it's made that way from the start. It needs to be reworked so that it actually looks like one organic magical effect (as opposed to two different ones put together). Either just the new effect, or just the old effect would be better than both mashed together is what I am trying to say, or a better made mix.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

My guess is that all light sources are going to be a bit of a problem at first and will take them a little while to fix. One of the biggest changes from directx9 to Directx11 is lighting effects. They will probably need to go back to every light source in game and tweek them. They would also probably go even a bit further and make them better with the new effects in dx11.

3. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I don't think that's the case regarding the new effect on the light spell as seen on QA now. The /jugglelight emote which uses the light spell appearance has not been changed in a similar manner, it is still just using the old light spell without any change. Neither does the DX9 to DX11 change matter much to me since I am playing on Linux, though there may have been an OpenGL upgrade as well.

I think this new light spell appearance is something they have edited manually.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

That's odd. The juggle wisp emote was updated to include the bubbles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.