1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Edelmann Deed for sale?

Discussion in 'Buy Items (WTB Gear, Decorations, Crafted Items)' started by Lan Thorn, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lan Thorn

Lan Thorn Avatar

Greetings:
    First time poster. VERY new to game. I bought an Edelmann pledge awhile back, thinking I would be able to pick up gaming again, but I will not be able to afford the time.
    SO, now I own an Edelmann deed (lot selection slot Aug 12th, I believe).
    I have been in game a total of about 30 minutes -- just to look around and sorta understand movement controls.
    Meaning, I have NO IDEA how to find a lot or dump my deed, in game or out of game.
    Basically, I would prefer is to sell the Edelmann for what I paid, in real world cash, and walk away.
    Having read this Marketplace's rules -- I can't even understand if this post is legal. Can anyone help me understand a way forward?
    Maybe I list for sale on here, Ebay or Craigslist, but then, is there a clearing house or is this a marketplace with wolves, i.e. agree to trade, give deed in game and pray)?
    Thanks for any advice, including go away, if that is what the rules say.
    Lan

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It is legal to sell your deed or account.

An Edelman pledge costs $575 in the store, but that includes many bonuses on the account, including physical goods shipped to your house.

You can sell the entire account. If you haven't linked your account to Steam, it is as easy as giving someone your login and password after they pay you. Then they're buying everything. They can change shipping address and they have all the rewards.

If you only sell the lot deed, that is still valuable, but it isn't worth as much as the entire account.

Also, when you go to here:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=4557

Does it say if you are a Founder, Royal Founder or Benefactor?

3. Lan Thorn

Lan Thorn Avatar

@Enderandrewm -- thank you very much for the help -- man am I in trouble without a hand...
    I did pay $575 for the Edelmann (account).
    I have not linked to Steam and so the full account is "sellable" and FOR SALE!

When I go "there";
    I see 10-13-15 is the purchase date.
    I see neither Founder, Royal Founder nor Benefactor and that August 12th is my lot selection group.
    I DO have $87 in store credits.
    I presume all the goodies you reference would be included (in addition to the store credits?)
    I have never done anything with the account, but for the couple of logins to poke around.

4. enderandrew

You have a Benefactor account then. This is the correct place to post if you want to sell your account. I am sorry to see you go, but I wish you luck.

5. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Please keep in mind that if you have " claimed " your items in a bank, the pledge will not be able to be sold

6. Lan Thorn

Lan Thorn Avatar

@Arradin Thanks. I have never been to a bank -- I presume this is somewhere in game.
    I am hoping on hearing all this, that whatever it is I had access to claim, is still available for someone to claim.
    Is the $87 store credit what would be used to claim the "bank items" you are referring to, the items that "came with" the Edelmann, or is the $87 store credit for additional items?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  7. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Your edelmann pledge comes with alot of ingame items, which can be claimed by pressing a "claim" button at a bank, Any bank.

The $87 is not tied to ingame at all, it can be used to buy additional stuff in the add-on here on the homepage, and i belive you got them as a 15% Bonus when you upgraded to edelmann.

8. Lan Thorn

Lan Thorn Avatar

Indeed -- it is all coming back to me...
    In Oct 2015, when I (finally) heard that Blackthorn was back, making a virtue driven game, I was all in based on concept alone.
    Frankly, I still support what is being done here, WHOLE heartedly! Enough to where I would consider it a donation if need be. I cut my teeth on the original Ultima series.
    Very regrettably, I am realizing I can't game any more. I'll have to leave it at that. Turns out Ultima built a real man of character and now I life coach men on the side, finding little time to do else.

So anyway, in Oct, I did find that 15% deal and when I bought the $575 Edelmann, an $87 credit was earned by the 15%. Now, here it all sits, still waiting for me to actually PLAY! Or sell...

9. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Play.

Absolutely play.

Give it a real shot, but remember the game isnt RELEASED. Nothing will be wiped, so you keep everything you do, but we are still a fair distance from a complete game. :)

Im sure you will love it here thought.

10. Lan Thorn

Lan Thorn Avatar

HAHAHA... Your tortuous invitations are kindly cruel. ;-)
    I understand where the game is at - I have been watching the newsletters with interest for the game's complete success!

Since posting here, I am already realizing the value of my tax free lot. Offers are pouring in!
    Having been tortured by lot maintenance in UO and next LOTRO, I most assuredly now recall getting that tax-free deed! :)

I remember the day family vacations were not possible for the need of housing refresh.

11. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

These may be of assistance to you:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-a-pledge-read-this-player-guide-first.12907/

And I highly recommend Lord Andernut's free service/assistance in these matters:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ing-of-available-pledges-pm-for-details.9462/

Make sure you are aware of Portalarium's restrictions on transfers:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...or-expiration-event-part-2.55613/#post-606636

Account and POT Transfers Post Final Wipe

• We are continuing to support Pledge Transfers but ONLY under the following two conditions:
      • Account Holder has not logged into the game since Release 32 started
      • Account Holder has logged in but has NOT claimed rewards at the bank
    • If the Account Holder has logged in and claimed rewards at the bank we will NOT transfer the pledge.

Spoon likes this.
  12. Lan Thorn

Lan Thorn Avatar

@Celthon -- wonderful, thank you very much. I will have a look at all of those.
    In my case, I believe I satisfy both the Account Holder restrictions.
    Just today, I updated the client on my Mac, however I never saw my character (didn't log in). That was the first time I touched the game in months.
    Without question, I have never clicked on a button at a bank.

Now on to reading the linked information. Again, thanks to all for all the helpful information!
    (Makes me think twice about not joining the community!)

13. enderandrew

If you're not linked to Steam, you shouldn't need to have Port transfer the pledge. You can just sell the entire account and give someone your password as part of the sale.

14. Lan Thorn

Lan Thorn Avatar

GOOD LORD!
    I have tried to read through and make sense of the first link, only to find a horrid number of terms I would need a college degree to understand.
    Maybe if one has lived this stuff for several years, all that makes sense!

I have this: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Edelmann_(Benefactor)

Is there a way, short of degree level study, that I might learn what has and has not expired or been lost along the way?
    I do not want to misrepresent what I am selling, but honestly, how can I know if I login, today, what will be waiting for me at the bank?
    (especially when I am forbidden from logging in OR activating rewards at the bank -- if I want to sell)

sorry guys, this has turned into a thread and a half... and more than a little hand holding.
    Thanks again for any help you can provide!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  15. Lan Thorn

Lan Thorn Avatar

Just dawning on me that "Physical Rewards" are no longer being provided.
    I guess this means that I lost things I purchased because I didn't "claim" them in a given time frame?
    (or maybe they had already "expired" as of Oct 2015?)
    • Cloth map hand signed by Richard “Lord British” Garriott
    • Runic Translation Print - Physical copy of the Runic Language Translation Print.
    • Trinket - Mysterious physical artifact! (Is it an ankh? Is it a serpent necklace? What could it be?)
    • Cloth Map - Full size cloth map of the new world (Current image is an artist's concept only)
    • Collector's Box
    • Tangible Game Media - Get the game on a recorded media game (format of recorded media TBD)
    • Soundtrack - Recorded media game soundtrack (format of recorded media TBD)
    • Game Manual - Old-school style, illustrated, printed manual.

16. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

If you were at the pledge level to receive physical rewards before they expired, you still get them.

enderandrew likes this.
  17. Lan Thorn

Lan Thorn Avatar

Update: Thanks to all who lent me a hand, here.
    I am unsure whether I will ever play SoTA with diligence, however I have decided to hang on to the account and plant the house.
    (Now all I have to do is wait for Vertas to mature, which suits my time-line, just fine!)

I know I am still very happy to support any game of virtue. From box set in the 80's to UO in '97 (two accounts) to SoTA now, it has been my distinct pleasure to live in the world of Ultima.

**One housekeeping question, if I may? Why does my "tax free" lot say it is good for 119 days?**

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    bmoconno and enderandrew like this.
  18. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Good for you, Lan! I myself is trying to buy a Pledge to share a home with me and my friends. Welcome to the game!

enderandrew and Lan Thorn like this.
  19. Goliath Pomerantz

Goliath Pomerantz Avatar

Taenby landing is nice and very open lot selection

20. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

It means that if you are not logging in to the game for over 119 days. Then, your right to use your selected lot location will be cancelled and the lot location will be available to other player.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.