Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Effects of specialty masterworking skills unknown

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Jul 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

a few people i talk to have cloth armor masterwork proficiency, and one has chain mail masterwork proficiency they have been working on.

All 3 of these folks report that having the skill does not increase success for the items involved, do not offer new masterwork options, and do not increase ammount of options available upon success.

When i masterwork a shield, WITHOUT shield masterwork proficiency (jsut the basic blacksmith masterworking), i have a couple of general options for armor (damage resistance and avoidance), and 3 very specific options intended ONLY for shields, (-20% shield skill focus, 10% stun chance on Charge, and +2 block modifier).

I dunno if the masterworks are bugged or if those very specific enhancments were intended for the shield specialty masterwork isntead of just the general masterworking?

Noone seems ot be able to figure out what these new skills are supposed to be doing

2. Berthar Ironblood

Berthar Ironblood Avatar

I don't even know where to get the MAsterwork for BS :p

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You have to get 50+ in the specific masterwork. For example, you need to get to 50 in masterworking sheilds, to open up new options. The base blacksmith masterworking just increases your odds of success. for example, at 100 masterwork blacksmithing, you have 95% on first masterwork chance, 82 or 84 on second, and 44 or 42 on the third, and 11% on the forth. I dont know about the 5th.

Fister Magee and HogwinHD like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.