Electricity Vs Water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Escanaba, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escanaba

Escanaba Avatar

Electricity? Why. I like the thoughts of water power over electricity. I understand what LB has said about small generators or other items. But it makes more sense to have aqueduct running into building turning water wheels and able to make items. Hate the thoughts of lights. Like water much better. Like the idea of a town crier walking through the town and lighting the lights not turning on a switch.

2. Red2

Red2 Avatar

Nice point.

3. smack

smack Avatar

The original hex maps that were shown in various videos actually pointed this out. Richard actually wrote on it three types of power:
    - Thermal
    - Hydro
    - Wind

That's why in the concept art for houses, you see one with a windmill attached to it. And if you looked real close on the hex maps, you see he has a dam in of of the hexes.

But yes, he also has tesla coils generating an electric force field of some kind to protect an island town. It's unknown if any of this will still be in-game since he's brought Tracy on board to work on the game's lore and story. So we don't know how far he's going to take that concept from just electric fields to having electric power lines across the landscape.

4. Brazen

Brazen Avatar

I generally try to avoid mixing them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.