Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Elven Town Tree-Home first floor needs to be flagged as interior like crafting pavillion

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Rentier, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

I have a elven Tree Town-Home and the "open air raised platform comprising the whole first floor" is my crafting area with all stations

so i loose 3 exterior lights for placing them

then if i try to do a decent deco on the lot i really hit the container and light limit really fast.

As I learned today the crafting pavillions count as interior spaces
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-pavilion-no-interior-deco.98848/#post-870331

PLEASE @Attenwood do the same for the first floor in the Elven Tree Town Home

Thank You

Edit:
    => Next Solution attempt:

Make the crafting stations not counting as lightsources....

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Gregg247 and faceman like this.
  2. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

I have the same home and the same issues. I don't understand why the first floor deck is considered outside. I seriously would not have purchased it had I known this.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

I would NOT be in favor of this change, since it would change planting beds from x1.0 speed to x0.1 speed. Since I use the first level for my reagent plants, this change would make my planting beds useless.

- Lao Tzu

4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Lao Tzu you can get more planting beds on the ground floor than in first floor...

or the dev can do it as interior but with growing rate exterior....

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The first floor is "outside" so you can put planting beds under it, the house was actually advertised this way and when it was first implemented, the grow rate was the interior rate and it was fixed.
    I wouldn't want to see the grow rate change to indoor rates, the extra planting capacity is the main reason to want this house (for me at least). I guess it just depends on how you use it?
    Upping the exterior light limit on town lot might just solve the problem, though

6. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

That and the containers too, but we don't get it because PERORMANCE must improve 50% or better before they increase that, so with all the crafting stations already 3lights are gone (blacksmithing, smelting, cooking) :(

=> Next Solution attempt:

Make the crafting stations not counting as lightsources....

7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, there's a lot of houses/scenarios where the limits really frustrate things.
    I understand that we need to have limits or we'd all have deco explosion and crash the zone but when you have several deco items 'counting' as particular types it can be annoying.
    Crafting stations counting as lights is a good example. Another one is a lot of items counting as containers even if you aren't using them as such, like certain desks, etc. There's even some bizarre ones, that count as containers but you can't actually put anything in them unless you do so in your inventory. I think the exterior light limits really could use a boost though, as even maxed out your whole lot can end up looking pretty dark, the majority of the light sources don't actually give THAT much light.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.