Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Empty Space in New Town Scenes: Resource Node Spawn

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Black Tortoise, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Ever since I entered my very first POT scene, I have been thinking that those scenes have a vast amount of space, and much of it is not doing much beyond visually presenting a large space. Theyre beautiful, and they all feel very nice, but once you run through each biome once, there isnt much reason to do so again (and sometimes it feels like a chore).

Since there is much concern from the user base over playing a "townie" or "mule" character (as we called them on my UO shard) without having to engage in too much combat, I think these POT scenes should spawn resources for townsfolk to gather and use. I think, in most cases, one should be able to play a humble villager that rarely leaves town, since most baseline resources can be (or at least, should be) gathered within the same scene.

Now that these scenes are being used for NPC towns and PRTs as well, they could really use some attention in terms of "things to interact with" in the vast space of the scenes. To give the big space more "purpose", I'd like to see the scenes spawn copper nodes, more fishing nodes, tree nodes, cotton nodes, misc plant reagent nodes, rabbit, deer, and other wild animals. Id even like it if the furthest points of the scenes (from the town centers) spawned lowest level wolves or spiders.

I know there are a few NPC towns that already have rabbits, chickens, pigs, sheep, and fishing nodes, but I think these other elements would make it feel more like a centralized village. When I need to make pillows or beds, I just walk outside and kill chickens for a few minutes. I love this (well, the resource gathering in my neighborhood, Im not a chicken killing maniac lol). Most importantly, it allows those who play a purely crafting character, and seek to avoid combat as a profession, have the basic crafting resources in a zone that isnt catered to killing monsters.

It would be exceptionally cool if NPCs from these towns occasionally went into the forest to hunt a deer and a rabit, mine some granite, or gather some wild garlic for a recipe. There are a few NPCs fishing in Jaanaford, it would be great if NPCs could do these other things too, even if its a static sort of script they follow at first.

@sotadevs resource nodes in the new large "POT" style scenes for NPC towns and PRTs please!

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This s a topic that has been covered ad naseum, he end state is it is something they are debating.

I think it is total bunko, the reason is resources need to be in places that everyone has access to and POT can be restrictive, also POTs do not have spawn and all resources are supposed to have some kind of critter "guarding" them.

So in the end no to resources in POTs.

Your idea has been brought up, almost identically, at least two times, sorry to burst the bubble :-(

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

And here I was, thinking the last statement was: big citys will get Buffs and small will get Resources.
    Mind to Link me to the final solution you just delivered?

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am glad you like my final solution but if you actually read it you would have seen they are debating it, my desire is different. but ty for your support.

resistance is futile :)

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ha. We will see ;-)

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The resource node and mob spawners on the POT are listed as post wipe feature along with town blessing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.