Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Enchanting! Bad and Worse.

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by agra, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There Is profit in it. But there hasnt been much demand for it, so noone make sit. theres no demand because the cost of a bronze platemail far far exceeds the cost to repair it, so ocne you have your bronze platemail, your done.

If it eventually broke, or got too expensive to repair, then peopel woudl spend a fortune on armor over and over again.

Unless they are broke.(financially)

And broke people would buy cheaper stuff. Low end stuff is cheaper to make, and you can make a profit without setting the price sky-high liek your required to do with high end gear.

It doesnt take any tiem at all to make what you have the gold to pay for instead. And folks who spend all the time gathering themseelves and building it themselves and getting upset at how long it takes dont realize that gathering the materials yourself and buildign it yourself, doesnt make it Free

4EverLost, Noric and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

OK how much do you charge for simple basic Vendor gear? That is the target you are competing with in the basic gear level of costs. I can buy gear from NPC vendor for far cheaper than the basic items anyone can currently craft. That means there is no profit to make low end gear. It is being purchased, just from NPCs currently. THAT is the reason why people aren't making anything other than high end gear. There is no wiggle room in costs for the basics.

Once this changes, then cheap gear will be getting purchased from players... as well as higher end gear.

Aldo likes this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

also, has anyone checked to see if the types of stats that appear are dependant on clestial alignments? Cuz t hat's supposed to be a thing

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

but the crafted items are much better. And basic crafted items are far cheaper than advanced crafted items.

5. Noric

Noric Avatar

This.

Crafted using basic mats is significantly better than default and not that pricey.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

it costs about 500 gold for a pair of chainmail gloves made of iron or copper, it's about 4-5k for a bronze epic plate gauntlet

Edit: Unless you've been buying ore from me in which case those prices are both roughly half that

Edit: That also isnt accounting for fuel prices. you use alot more fuel per attmept, and fail alot more tryign to make high end stuff

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

90 / 50 / 10 is PERFECT , if you want the 3rd property take the risk. In time when everyone has more than enough resources you will see more and more 3 property Stuff.

This is perfect to head of the "want it now" crowd.

TY Devs looks great

8. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Its better than default but is it significantly better than the higher end NPC stuff? I haven't seen enough low end crafted gear this release to compare effectively.

9. Noric

Noric Avatar

If you're talking about armor... i think it is always better than npc.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  10. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

My math is only an indication of the idea, so it isn't perfect :)

However, at skill lvl 200 with my math the chances would be 100%/100%/55%. OFC anything above 100% is counted as 100%.

11. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

The current enchant system is pretty much the same thing back in old Lineage. Instead of destroying the item on fail, perhaps simply remove all the previous enchantment (if it had any) on failure would be more forgiving. The enchant process consumes quit a bit Gold Ore already and by having the chance to wipe all of your previous success enchants would be plenty enough as the risk.

On a non-related note, instead of implementing grief causing mechanics from Lineage, I rather see some good features from UO getting implemented in the game.

12. Noric

Noric Avatar

Which does absolutely nothing to drive demand for nongold metals.

Ice Queen likes this.
  13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The chances currently to produce a +++ item are 45/1000. That is pretty low. Remember, you have to successfully craft a 9 of 10, a 5 of 10 and a 1 in 10 on the same object, thus 45 in 1000 successes.

Noric likes this.
  14. Noric

Noric Avatar

I prefer "slightly less than 1/22".

I still personally don't see any issue with the rate. I expect + items to be extremely common, ++ items to be moderately common and +++ to be rare until a decent amount of time has happened since the last wipe (likely never going to happen before the next wipe but obviously going to happen after).

I also like that you can't stack a bonus... because a +6 str or +6 int weapon is going to mean a lot more than a +2 str +2 dex +2 int one.

I see no reason why people can't have the expectation that they are not going to be running around in a full set of +++ items after a month of playing. If 90% of the population isn't using +++ items and the bonus from them isn't game changing(while still being notable), then people will adjust and its not a big deal.

As it is, All enchants at ++ get as many stats(though less concentrated) as crits did in R28. Weapons and chest plates actually get significantly more by then.

Ice Queen likes this.
  15. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

The best way to keep the value of base crafting material is by only allowing the Max Durability of a gear to be fixed with a bit of the main material that it is made of (i.e. in order to fix the max dur of a Copper Great Sword with White Iron Hilt you will require Repair Kit + X amount of Copper ingot and a good blacksmith). However that is totally off topic here.

The current Enchant system has nothing to do with alchemy skill even, in that case the best gear in game isn't player "crafted" but player "lucked out". Which mean it is a luck based economy rather than skilled based economy. I think Path of Exile is currently a better game for that.

Besides the current enchantment that you can put on gears are great to have but aren't game breaking or going to make you godly. Most of people will be happy with just ++, while only a very small amount of people would actually to get the +++ done. In this situation the base material value will still not be high compared to Gold since the demand for them will never be as high as you would expect.

Noric likes this.
  16. Noric

Noric Avatar

I agree on both your points about alchemy skill and max durability(I prefer 3 tiers of dura but I agree is OT).

I agree with everything you said in this quote until "In this situation the base material value will still not be high compared to Gold" . Sure for a 1h hammer where you want bronze and pine the base value might not be much. But when you are looking at things like bronze epic plate armor or Carapacian gear that goes out of the window.

I have spent a good deal of time calculating resource costs for enchanted gear in the last couple of days (I'm trying to create a service based on it), so i have a pretty good feeling for where the monetary cost for enchanted items is coming from atm.

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.